Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5e delays?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Q5e delays?

Hi,

I was curious if anyone has insight on delays in the Q5e models? We bought ours (well, put down money and had it marked as sold) in Sept. We have a COMM# but not a VIN yet. Another car due in like 3 weeks before ours was manufactured on schedule and arrived to the dealer early, in mid Oct. But because we preferred the one due in mid Dec based on the build and the timing, we opted to wait, assuming ours would also be on schedule. Our build date has bumped twice. It started on Oct 30, then moved to Dec 10, and now to Feb 10.

The dealer said the one they had gotten ahead of schedule was actually a '21, which had had a '22 VIN put on it, and nothing on the e line had been built since, as Audi needed some parts stuck in the whole quagmire of chip backlogs. He assured us ours would be in the next Q5e build.

I was curious if anyone else was in the same situation or had any color to add to the situation?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2022, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Should add, we did not create the car from scratch, rather put money down for one already scheduled to be built and made no changes to it.
The following users liked this post:
jebhick (02-10-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed a build order in mid-Nov. It is still in the waitlist with no ETA. My dealer told me that Audi has not released any allocations for the last 4 months and hence all new build orders are in the waitlist. They are expecting that Audi will release allocation this month.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Still waiting too

I "purchased" a Q5e that was supposedly in production Dec. 4 and was told it would be a Jan or poss Feb delivery. Was told last week that it was still "finishing production" and the dealer said they could not give me an ETA on delivery...at all. Based on the other posts in this thread, I am wondering how much of what I've been told is true.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have been told repeatedly by our dealer — who I trust, and every date he's given has been backed up on the computer — that ours is in the next batch of US-bound Q5es they manufacture. So, if yours was on our same Dec 10 batch, then the last update I received was this was pushed to a Feb 10 production. I will reach out now and see if Feb 10 is still earmarked, or if it's been changed yet again... stay tuned.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It was Feb 5, not Feb 10, and it's still showing as such. But until I see it built on that date, not entirely sure I'll believe it. The past two times it has bumped back, it has not happened until the day of the build. So, just keeping my fingers crossed for Feb 6 to come with it actually in production...
The following 2 users liked this post by gusman12:
jebhick (02-01-2022), LHardgrave (01-21-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm curious what your build was. I ordered a Q5e with the Sports Plus package on 5/20/21 and I was told it looks like it's in production on 1/24/22. I've seen every type of Q5 except those with the "Sports Plus" option at dealers around the USA. Mine has been delayed several months. Original ETA was August '21
Old 01-24-2022, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi. Mine is a regular Q5e. If I understand correctly, no hybrids have come off the line since the batch with the hybrid we turned down (which apparently was a '21 with a '22 VIN put on it and arrived to the US in mid Oct). Ours was in the next batch of Q5e's to be made, and keeps getting bumped. It still reads a production date of Feb 5, so we'll see... But I am curious if this info is all accurate. I totally trust the dealer, so hopefully am wise in doing so.
The following 2 users liked this post by gusman12:
AudiQ5e (01-24-2022), LHardgrave (01-25-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dr@g0n
I placed a build order in mid-Nov. It is still in the waitlist with no ETA. My dealer told me that Audi has not released any allocations for the last 4 months and hence all new build orders are in the waitlist. They are expecting that Audi will release allocation this month.
Originally Posted by gusman12
I have been told repeatedly by our dealer — who I trust, and every date he's given has been backed up on the computer — that ours is in the next batch of US-bound Q5es they manufacture. So, if yours was on our same Dec 10 batch, then the last update I received was this was pushed to a Feb 10 production. I will reach out now and see if Feb 10 is still earmarked, or if it's been changed yet again... stay tuned.
Hello and Good Day!
It seems there is a lot of 'noise' (this is my word and my interpretation) out there about 2022 Audi Q5e production.

So for those of you who have more recently placed an order for a Q5e, here is my story. In May 2021, I placed an order for a 2022 Q5e with my dealer. I enjoy a long time relationship with this dealer (since 2002) and trust them implicitly. Service is outstanding. The dealership never received any meaningful information through their contacts from Audi that anything was happening with my order. As of today, this status has remained unchanged- the dealership still has no information on when this order will be in production or delivered. In early November I placed an order through another, larger dealership. There is no information from the second dealership when this order will go into production and be delivered.

It is not entirely clear to me as to why this noise about production and deliveries is out there. It may be due to a desire for dealers to try try to serve their customers, Audi saying something (or nothing) to the dealers, it may be due to those of us who are customers wanting answers we want to hear. All I know is expectations are not being met, and there is no indication, at least to me, when this may change.

I find it a bit odd, and ironic to describe the situation we are in. From my perspective, car enthusiasts, which I would I describe myself as, and it is my guess as many who are on this forum, are often quite loyal to their brand. I put myself in this category. There are a number of posters to this forum have posted their experiences with Audi in placing build orders; may of these experiences report delays in seeing these orders being acted on. I saw on TV the other day that Ford is promoting that if you place an order with them, that order and build will be a priority and it will be at the first of the line, so to speak. I am not suggesting for one minute that Ford will really do what they say they will do; nor do I have any reason to believe that someone who places an order will in fact get their vehicle in any more quickly than they would otherwise- after all, this may well just be marketing speak, right? But it does kinda' make some some sense, maybe?

It seems to me that Audi has chosen a different path through this pandemic; different meaning that (at least some) customers who have placed an order for the Q5e have been placed behind the line of the decision by Audi to build some Q5e's to send to dealerships before customers who have placed orders. Of course, we all know these unsold Q5e's are not unsold for long; they have been flying off the lots sometimes before they even arrive, and in some cases at a price well above MSRP.

I have solved my near term transportation issue by purchasing an SUV PHEV from another manufacturer. I remain in the market and continue to have an interest in the Q5e. However any decision by me will be made once I know with certainty what the deal will be and what other options are available to me. After all Audi, it is just business.....right?
The following users liked this post:
jyca3 (01-27-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I placed my initial "build to order" with down payment 2022 Q5e order on August 26, 2021. I would describe myself as a car enthusiast and specific to Audi I have owned two A6 Avants. The delivery date has bounced from Nov-21 to Dec-21 to Jan-22 to May-Jun-22. Several weeks ago I was given the option of taking a 2022 Q5 55 e like the one I ordered except Daytona gray with gray leather with a projected delivery date of March 9-29. I accepted it. At this time they told my original build would probably be pushed to Aug-22. In addition to my dealer I talked with someone at a reasonable level at the VA headquarters. They said to take the alternative offered. The Aug-22 date was very optimistic.

Quick Reply: Q5e delays?