Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5 SE PHEV issues (2021)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q5 SE PHEV issues (2021)

So many problems since we bought this car. We are about done.
  • Currently, jerking when going form stop to first gear and/or first gear to second (on gas engine- 30K miles)
  • Electrical malfunction message that lasted for months and no one could figured out why
  • Charger door won't open (needed to replace the whole piece)
  • Dashboard light above driver turned on and off by itself (replaced the whole unit)
  • Car disaccelerates on its own even with no cars in front (issue with PreSensors)
  • Brake booster needed to be replaced at 10K miles
  • Screen turns off (black out) randomly (it has happened 5+ times since we bought it in 2021)
Anyone has have the same experience? Is it a lemon?

The following users liked this post:
Jgomezsti (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 01:41 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm sorry for you but I must say that I have not experienced any of those issues.

My '21 Q5e has been dependable except for
- a failed a/c unit which took 6 weeks to fix
- a problem filling the gas tank which required a new tank and a new pressure relief valve

You don't say where you are located but check your local lemon laws.

Good luck,

Steve

Last edited by scrmorling; 03-07-2024 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-06-2024, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

we are currently dealing with those same jerking from a stop. has even stalled out on more than one occasion. Has spent 3-4 different weeks trying to get fixed.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by SQ5Fried21
So many problems since we bought this car. We are about done.
  • Charger door won't open (needed to replace the whole piece)
Anyone has have the same experience? Is it a lemon?
I’ve had a lot of issues with this vehicle, including a bad actuator on the charger door which kept it from opening. Don’t even look at home much this fix cost (4 figures). Owning this vehicle out of warranty is going to be a non starter.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by gabatta
I’ve had a lot of issues with this vehicle, including a bad actuator on the charger door which kept it from opening. Don’t even look at home much this fix cost (4 figures). Owning this vehicle out of warranty is going to be a non starter.
I don’t understand that. My charger door is a simple push to open, push to close. How could it cost over $1000?.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21 q5e

[QUOTE=SQ5Fried21;25890989]

53624miles
Only audi has touched this car since day 1. I too have had the following issues and was just told today I need to replacement the transmission service manager said it's going to be 21,000 new transmission before repair and other parts. All in all he has said around $26k plus.

Also audi has transmission TSB for issues , no recall and audi only covers untill 50000 miles.
  • Electrical malfunction message that lasted for months and no one could figured out why
  • Charger door won't open (needed to replace the whole piece) spring loaded actuator replacement needed
  • Car disaccelerates on its own even with no cars in front (issue with PreSensors)
  • Screen turns off (black out) randomly (it has happened 5+ times since we bought it in 2021) plus disconnected randomly from phone
Old 03-06-2024, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

[QUOTE=Jgomezsti;25891052]
Originally Posted by SQ5Fried21

53624miles
Only audi has touched this car since day 1. I too have had the following issues and was just told today I need to replacement the transmission service manager said it's going to be 21,000 new transmission before repair and other parts. All in all he has said around $26k plus.

Also audi has transmission TSB for issues , no recall and audi only covers untill 50000 miles.
  • Charger door won't open (needed to replace the whole piece) spring loaded actuator replacement needed
  • Screen turns off (black out) randomly (it has happened 5+ times since we bought it in 2021) plus disconnected randomly from phone
Did the manual opening of the door, listed in the manual work?
Old 03-07-2024, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My gas cap door on regular 2021 Q5 didn’t open the other day. I went back in my car and out and it worked fine. Mus be a safety thing when opening the driver’s door. Never happened before.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by MVPinBoynton
My gas cap door on regular 2021 Q5 didn’t open the other day. I went back in my car and out and it worked fine. Mus be a safety thing when opening the driver’s door. Never happened before.
The gas door won't open if you lock the car doors when you get out.
Old 03-07-2024, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GeriatricSQ5Guy
The gas door won't open if you lock the car doors when you get out.
I realize that, but I never lock the car when getting gas. It was just at a one off thing.

Quick Reply: Q5 SE PHEV issues (2021)