Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5 Lease

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 Lease

Hi Everyone!

I currently have an A3 Quatro and I'm looking to potentially get the new Q5 Premium Plus at around $53k. I wanted to get some idea of pricing and your thoughts and see if anyone else leased a new Q5.

- 0 Down
- Perfect credit (+800)
- Audi Maintenance

I had a dealer quote me $743 without any negotiation.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on how low I could come down to.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 116Crew
Hi Everyone!

I currently have an A3 Quatro and I'm looking to potentially get the new Q5 Premium Plus at around $53k. I wanted to get some idea of pricing and your thoughts and see if anyone else leased a new Q5.

- 0 Down
- Perfect credit (+800)
- Audi Maintenance

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on how low I could come down to.
I leased the same premium plus $52,880, 10k miles/year for 36mo for $689/moth. And that's ALL-IN number, included down, tax, fee and everything. Due at signing is just $689 plus DMV and same monthly for 35 month.

I got quote from 6 dealers in NYC/long island area and make them compete. That's the only way you don't get ripoff. Dealers are snakes. The only thing they care is to get as much cash out of your pocket as possible.

I didn't get the Audi Care though because I'm not planning to drive more than 30k miles in the 3 year lease term. Don't think is worth it.

Do your homework and shop around. You'll be surprise how much lower your dealer is willing to go to get your business. Good luck!
Old 05-26-2017, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the thread and the info...very helpful for me as well...working on pricing and will post after I get it tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wanted to see if anyone else had some numbers to share. Thank you!
Old 08-16-2017, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 116Crew
Hi Everyone!

- 0 Down
- Perfect credit (+800)
- Audi Maintenance

Talk to the finance person or your salesperson. You should get a 1% increase in residual if you get AudiCare. That sometimes makes it worth purchasing it.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

To my knowledge, the 1% increase in the residual for getting AudiCare helps make leasing (not purchasing) more attractive.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are paying over $26K over 3 years for a lease and at the end of that, what do you have? Nada. I don't understand why people lease when you are basically renting. At least when you purchase, you have equity in the vehicle. Unless Audi's lose residual value so quickly, you are left underwater?

Not trying to bash leasing, this is my first Audi. I traded in a 4 year old Tacoma and was able to pay off a huge chunk of the Audi with the trade. Perhaps the Toyotas retain value better, because I was offered 3K less than i paid for it 4 years ago.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by rausda27
You are paying over $26K over 3 years for a lease and at the end of that, what do you have? Nada. I don't understand why people lease when you are basically renting. At least when you purchase, you have equity in the vehicle. Unless Audi's lose residual value so quickly, you are left underwater?

Not trying to bash leasing, this is my first Audi. I traded in a 4 year old Tacoma and was able to pay off a huge chunk of the Audi with the trade. Perhaps the Toyotas retain value better, because I was offered 3K less than i paid for it 4 years ago.
You're not basically renting, you ARE renting....and so what?

What's your benefit in owning a car? The joy of funding the depreciation? The joy of paying interest ON your depreciation? It's not property...it doesn't go up. Every day you own it, it's worth less and less. Let's say you put that $26k as a downpayment on the new car.....are you going to recoup $26k down the road when you sell it? How about when you finally pay it off?

Meanwhile, you get into the lease with exponentially less cash down...and maintain control of your car, which hopefully you use to make more cash.

Is it a solution for everyone? No...different means to an end. With potential tax benefits as well for some. But to poo-poo it out of hand, is inaccurate at best. "Not to bash leasing", and then proceed to attempt to do just that, shows that either you don't really understand it, or, it's just not for you. To me, ownership is useless....I don't understand why people want to own anything that depreciates.....unless cash is not an issue, and you like the flexibility of being able to flip in and out of stuff when you feel like. But, to each their own.

I could walk you through the ins and outs of your deal on your Audi if you want, but it would make for a very long thread.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCarGuy

I could walk you through the ins and outs of your deal on your Audi if you want, but it would make for a very long thread.
Nah, Im good.
Old 08-19-2017, 02:26 PM
TTG
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SCarGuy is spot on

Originally Posted by rausda27

3 years down the road the car that you purchased will be worth $26K less anyway and thats if you are lucky, if its not a lemon and IF you do n't get into any accidents or fender benders.

Also at least in the state that I live in, you do not have to pay the 10% sales tax upfront. On a $50K car, that is $5K savings from get go.

Leasing a daily driver is a no brainer if you understand how it works, you clearly don't

Quick Reply: Q5 Lease