Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5 dipstick?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,908 Likes on 1,620 Posts

You can get all the workshop manuals for your vehicle from erwin.audiusa.com. https://erwin.audiusa.com/erwin/showSearch.do Guided Search, model year 2022, model Q5 [FYG], Cat 1 repair manual, Cat 2 leave blank, search, there's all the docs. But you can't access them unless the login has an active subscription, $35 / 1 day, $65 / 3 day, iirc. When subscribed, there will be two squares to click, one for view, one for download. Click the download one. If it saves locally, great. If it opens locally, then save it locally with that local viewer that launched.

When you have an active subscription, you can also parse that document list down by doing it under Vehicle Identification and doing a VIN search using your VIN. Because you don't need the repair manual for the 6MT, or for the V6, etc., even those are applicable to the type FY overall. I suggest having everything under Repair Manuals and Wiring Diagrams. The other categories do not really contain anything helpful in the B9 era, including the Training category, unless there's something specifically you know you're looking for.

Also, under Vehicle Data, you can see the complete PR codes list for your VIN. You can see the button for save as PDF. It's good to have that.

Technical Bulletins, there's hundreds. I don't bother with them during a subscription. If there's one I likely need to know, I'll probably find it on NHTSA. But if there's something specific you're looking for, have at it.
The following 2 users liked this post by SMac770:
Greg2022q5 (04-26-2024), lfdal54 (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@SMac770 I appreciate the help, thanks for that erwin info, I plan on doing that this week and building up a dataset. She's likely to keep this car well past the warranty so I want to get up to snuff on it.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So three things:

First I used the generic T40178 and with the MMI reading approx 3/4 the stick is reading almost 15. That's close enough for me.

Second, I took advantage of the erwin site and grabbed all the manuals I think I'll need. It's an excellent value for the money.

Third, I may chase down a dipstick I can leave in the engine. If the markings aren't perfect I can always stamp some other ones on the reverse side.

Thanks @SMac770 for the information, it's much appreciated.

The following users liked this post:
ribeye (05-03-2024)