Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Potential Lemon Law action on 2019 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by wuzapassat
I think it is funny the my svc manager asked me this morning why I needed the AC in the winter... and I replied to him because it's part of the defrost system....
If the service manager ever asked me this question it would be a clear indicator it's time to find another service location.....that's unacceptable to have someone this unfamiliar with how systems of a car operates be in charge of fixing cars.....jeez.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 99 Posts

Tell him, it doesn't matter and Audi of America would like to know that he is not interested in taking care of customers issues that are under new car warranty. I'd actually just say, because it isn't effing working.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

So, my Q5 has been in service 29.7% of the time I've owned it -- 47 out of 158 days. Four times for A/C issues and one time for the rear wheel-arch trim recall. Still no clear ETA from Audi Seattle when the vehicle will be fixed, and no clear timing on when I'll hear from AoA. At some point I'll just buy another vehicle and donate this one to a charity. This is beyond ridiculous. I really wish I'd just kept my BMW, as I didn't need a new car. I'll keep you posted!

-James
Seattle, WA
Old 01-03-2020, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Latest update:
Audi Seattle: They're waiting for a part to replace the 7th flap motor in the HVAC system. ETA is unclear. For context, the car has been in service (the current visit) since Dec 8th, and it's now Jan 3rd. This is not normal.
AoA: Spoke with them twice this morning. I was told to expect a definitive answer the week of January 13th.

Key learning for anybody going through this -- it takes a very long time, far longer than you would think is reasonable. Doing my best to remain patient. It's just a car...

-James
Seattle, WA
Old 01-03-2020, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by TheWalrus
Latest update:
Audi Seattle: They're waiting for a part to replace the 7th flap motor in the HVAC system. ETA is unclear. For context, the car has been in service (the current visit) since Dec 8th, and it's now Jan 3rd. This is not normal.
AoA: Spoke with them twice this morning. I was told to expect a definitive answer the week of January 13th.

Key learning for anybody going through this -- it takes a very long time, far longer than you would think is reasonable. Doing my best to remain patient. It's just a car...

-James
Seattle, WA
Yes, but I am pretty sure the 8th flap motor will be a charm... (G)
The following users liked this post:
wuzapassat (01-03-2020)
Old 01-03-2020, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told on our car they are waiting to hear back from engineering on how best to fix the car and probably won't be until next week... I just wished I has an Audi loaner... instead they had all of yesterday (3) get driven to Enterprise for loaners...
Old 01-07-2020, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good news! AOA called me this morning. The car qualifies under WA State's Lemon Law, and AOA is going to repurchase the Q5. The exact details still need to be sorted out, but the price will be fair given the very low mileage of the vehicle -- 3,020 miles. It's a long process, but I'm glad we've finally gotten here. In the 11 Audis my family (parents, sister, and I) have owned in the last 30 years, this was clearly an extreme outlier in an otherwise great string of vehicles.

I want to thank the AudiWorld forum members for your perspective and guidance over the last few months. I'm not entirely sure what I'm buying next, so perhaps I'll be seeing you all here shortly.

-James
Seattle, WA
The following 2 users liked this post by TheWalrus:
calbear92 (01-07-2020), wuzapassat (01-10-2020)
Old 01-07-2020, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by TheWalrus
Good news! AOA called me this morning. The car qualifies under WA State's Lemon Law, and AOA is going to repurchase the Q5. The exact details still need to be sorted out, but the price will be fair given the very low mileage of the vehicle -- 3,020 miles. It's a long process, but I'm glad we've finally gotten here. In the 11 Audis my family (parents, sister, and I) have owned in the last 30 years, this was clearly an extreme outlier in an otherwise great string of vehicles.

I want to thank the AudiWorld forum members for your perspective and guidance over the last few months. I'm not entirely sure what I'm buying next, so perhaps I'll be seeing you all here shortly.

-James
Seattle, WA
Congrats James! That's great to hear but sorry you had so many issues with your Q5. Best of luck with this process and whatever new car you buy!
Old 01-07-2020, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Congrats. Maybe this could be a great time to ask for 30% off SQ5.
The following users liked this post:
wuzapassat (01-10-2020)
Old 01-07-2020, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 99 Posts

You should get 100% of what you paid into the car back. Since from mile zero the issue began, that is how they will calculate it out. At least in CA.
I drove a CPO 3 years/30k miles and only paid ~$900 to do so. They cut me a check for ~$35k and paid the loan off.
If there is anything in the car, go get it asap. The car will end up in some state that does not have lemon laws. Mine ended up near Atlanta and I pity the person who got it.

Quick Reply: Potential Lemon Law action on 2019 Q5