Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

North America Nav update for 18 SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Absolutely brilliant! I now have the 2024/25 maps and my house is finally not in a field!

FYI: I had some issues with my SD card originally. During the MIB install, the MMI asked me if I should "retry", and I did, and it worked (thank god). Eventually, when it installed, I couldn't get the m.i.b option in the engineering menu, and when I did, the backups were failing.

Long story short: I believe the contacts on my SD card were dirty. I cleaned them up and everything ran smoothly. It was an older 4GB SD card that I decided to use instead of the newer ones as I know that some devices have a limit to the size of the SD card that they can see. It is actually very difficult to find cards below 64GB in most stores these days.

I used a 16GB SanDisk Extreme card for the map update and it was quite fast (approx 20 mins).

I also think that doing a full format (instead of a quick format) and setting the allocation unit size to "Default" is a good idea.
Old 04-01-2024, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camptownraces
YYEESSSS!!! I absolutely LOVE it when stuff like this works. Huge shout-out to the MIB devs for figuring this all out AND sharing with the world.

@spindlewood best advice, thank you! Just threw all of the patches in the patch folder instead of trying to figure out the correct one. This let the installer determine which was needed and worked like a charm. VIM works perfectly as well...just go to the VIM menu and there is an option to set it to like 196kph and another to set it to 6kph (default). I set it to the first option, the unit rebooted, and now my DVD keeps playing while driving around. Very cool!

To top it all off, I was going to go donate a few bucks to the dev and their donate button links to a fundraiser for charities for Ukraine (http://www.paypal.com/fundraiser/117836048428832726). I doubled the amount...I hope everyone else who benefits from MIB can share a couple of dollars as well.

Happy to help if anyone has any other questions.
@camptownraces I am in the same boat as you. i did put all the patches in but it still throws an error saying folder not found and looking for the 5145. is there a workaround. thanks for your help.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you rename a folder to the one missing. Just went through this yesterday. Google the missing folder and you will see exactly what needs to be done.

Originally Posted by sidana94
@camptownraces I am in the same boat as you. i did put all the patches in but it still throws an error saying folder not found and looking for the 5145. is there a workaround. thanks for your help.
Old 04-02-2024, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Petahs
Yes you rename a folder to the one missing. Just went through this yesterday. Google the missing folder and you will see exactly what needs to be done.
Thank you so much. It worked like a charm!
Old 04-02-2024, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default My navigation says "The navigation data are not activated"

I have a 2016 A3 Quattro I recently bought used and per the window sticker, Navigation was an installed option. However I get the message "The navigation data are not activated" when I try to access the navigation. I called Audi CS and they confirmed it was installed orignally, but said they can't do anything.

I just wanted to ask if the steps posted in this discussion are relevant in my case, or if there's something else I need to do? I'm terrified of bricking the whole MMI which otherwise works fine, and I'm happy using Google Maps on a dash-mounted iPhone tbh.

But, the OCD in me compels me to fix the navigation. Also it will be good when I eventually sell this car to have the nav working.

My current software version etc in the MMI settings shows: MHIG_US_AU_S2016 / 3.73.0 / 161.565.8J0.23
Thanks for any feedback!
Old 04-08-2024, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by sidana94
I had the same issue with 5145 file not found. I found the same answer and it worked flawlessly. This is such a great fix and all props to the folks that were smart enough to figure this out