Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

No Data Connection

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 57mse10@gmail.com
May not be the same problem but... Audi knew the built in WiFi was about to be defunct but didn't tell customers.

.... no Google maps, finding destinations; nearly useless, getting traffic or weather updates; a thing of the past
If your car supports Android Auto (or Apple Car Play) I'd recommend trying it out. It's a great way to access up-to-date maps and various other services. Google's speech recognition is miles ahead of what the native Audi MMI can decipher. And it's free.

If tethering your phone to the USB is a drag every time you get in the car, use a wireless dongle, of which there are several on the market. I'm using the Motorola MA-1 for Android and it's seamless.
The following users liked this post:
ribeye (08-20-2022)
Old 02-23-2023, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

This started happening in my '22 RS5 this past week, and myAudi app no longer updates with vehicle data and throws an error saying unable to connect to vehicle.

All in all, not a huge deal, but does anyone have any idea what's actually going on? Being in software myself, I suspect this is as simple as a backend data corruption or network configuration issue, and it's baffling how Audi can't seem to get this right. The fact that the dealer has to be involved to get anything done is also completely unnecessary and unhelpful.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:11 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am the biggest nerd I know and love technology, but I absolutely will never intentionally pay for this garbage,

Wife's '20 A4 allroad started spewing this message recently and I'm still trying to figure out where to turn it off since it sticks on the MMI and hides the Apple Carplay screen I actually want to use.
Never got the lousy Audi nav and have no use for crippled & malfunctioning tech run from a continent away with zero local support.

People should call their State AG offices on these manufacturers. They'll never learn/improve unless they get hit in the wallet.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

My '22 Q5e dropped its connection to the Internet about two weeks ago and I can't figure out how to get it back. I gave up dealing with Audi's support people long ago.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2021 Q7 has this popping up all the time and I can’t get weather or gas prices on the MMI anymore. Is calling the dealership for this a waste of time?
Old 05-03-2023, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by girlstar28
My 2021 Q7 has this popping up all the time and I can’t get weather or gas prices on the MMI anymore. Is calling the dealership for this a waste of time?
I tried changing users yesterday on my 23 Q5e. It failed. Spent an hour on the phone with tech support on MyAudi app issues. Waste of time. Call the dealer, they will probably tell you to call tech support.
Old 05-03-2023, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elvisfan
I tried changing users yesterday on my 23 Q5e. It failed. Spent an hour on the phone with tech support on MyAudi app issues. Waste of time. Call the dealer, they will probably tell you to call tech support.
thanks so mine always pops up on the main screen of my Q7. Very distracting when I’m driving. And we can’t get the weather or local gas prices on the car screen. This only started happening for me in the last month or so. I’m not sure if it coincided with the massive system overhaul they did for a recall.

after calling my dealership (which is always a pain to get ahold of anyone I feel like they’ve outsourced their calls) they claim they’ll look at it since they can’t diagnose over the phone. I have low expectations but I guess I’ll get an oil top up while I’m there.