Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

New SQ5 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cmoore86
Congrats on the new car! I picked mine up 4 weeks ago today. Similar to yours but with Dynamic Steering, DAP and I went with warm weather package instead of the Napa (also Navarra Blue). Enjoy that thing. Lots of fun to be had. I already have mine lowered and wheels on. Starting to look for more mods, but not much out yet for our car.

Where you located in bay area? I am in San Jose.
Couldn’t find one at my dealership with dynamic steering out of the 35 sq’s they had in inventory, not sure why. I think the regular steering is fine although I would have liked to try the dynamic steering. Did you get to compare the two systems? Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ngerstman
Couldn’t find one at my dealership with dynamic steering out of the 35 sq’s they had in inventory, not sure why. I think the regular steering is fine although I would have liked to try the dynamic steering. Did you get to compare the two systems? Thanks. Regards. Ned.
The first one I test drove did not have dynamic steering. But I have had dynamic steering on my RS5 that I just sold as well. To me, its really worth it. I mostly leave it in Auto unless I am going to be doing a long aggressive drive. I really like the additional weight you feel in the wheel as speed picks up. And then when you go slower it becomes lighter and easier to maneuver...especially when parking. There was another thread where @superswiss explained the functionality of the steering recently. He is exactly right about how it works and what the differences are. We've met up a couple times and he definitely knows his stuff. He can explain the dynamic steering way better than me...

Oh and the reason dynamic steering probably wasnt on the lot is due to I was told that this feature was just recently added into the build capability at the plant so the earlier cars couldnt get it yet. Not sure if that is true, but it came from a very highly reliable source.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

The first one I test drove did not have dynamic steering. But I have had dynamic steering on my RS5 that I just sold as well. To me, its really worth it. I mostly leave it in Auto unless I am going to be doing a long aggressive drive. I really like the additional weight you feel in the wheel as speed picks up. And then when you go slower it becomes lighter and easier to maneuver...especially when parking. There was another thread where @superswiss explained the functionality of the steering recently. He is exactly right about how it works and what the differences are. We've met up a couple times and he definitely knows his stuff. He can explain the dynamic steering way better than me...

Oh and the reason dynamic steering probably wasnt on the lot is due to I was told that this feature was just recently added into the build capability at the plant so the earlier cars couldnt get it yet. Not sure if that is true, but it came from a very highly reliable source.
It seems to be a feature I would have wanted but even the regular steering seems to be speed sensitive, gets much firmer at high speeds and easy at low speeds, I wonder if the feeling of speed sensitivity is just inertia, the natural tendency of the wheels to stay moving forward the faster you go. Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ngerstman
It seems to be a feature I would have wanted but even the regular steering seems to be speed sensitive, gets much firmer at high speeds and easy at low speeds, I wonder if the feeling of speed sensitivity is just inertia, the natural tendency of the wheels to stay moving forward the faster you go. Thanks. Regards. Ned.
I think I have heard its just electronic weight added. While I think the dynamic steering actually changes ratios along with the weighting. Here is a link to superswiss comments on this subject. Much better than I could explain things...
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25052960&postcount=9
Old 10-25-2017, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the new car! I picked mine up 4 weeks ago today. Similar to yours but with Dynamic Steering, DAP and I went with warm weather package instead of the Napa (also Navarra Blue). Enjoy that thing. Lots of fun to be had. I already have mine lowered and wheels on. Starting to look for more mods, but not much out yet for our car.

Where you located in bay area? I am in San Jose.
How's the Dynamic Steering? Just saw your reply below

No mods for me, just leasing

I'm in Sth San Francisco, but often commute to work down Cupertino way.

Last edited by pbot; 10-25-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats, now pics! I haven't seen a monsoon gray 2018 yet.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

16 posts now and no pictures from anybody?????
Old 10-26-2017, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by heisnuts
16 posts now and no pictures from anybody?????
Most of the posters on this thread are blind, no need for pictures. Regards. Ned Wonder.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats! Redwood City here.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Transfer
Congrats, now pics! I haven't seen a monsoon gray 2018 yet.
Oh alright!
Monsoon Gray
Monsoon Gray

Quick Reply: New SQ5 Owner