Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

New SQ5 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New SQ5 Owner

Hey all,
Thought i'd chime in that I picked up my 2018 SQ5 yesterday, too early to give any major feedback at the moment, but i'm liking it so far.

Config:
- Prestige
- Monsoon Grey Metallic
- S Sport package
- Wheel & Tire package ,
- Audi Guard All-Weather Floor Mats
- Audi Beam - rings (meh!)
- Black Fine Nappa Leather package

Pretty overwhelmed with all the technology in the car at the moment, but i'll get more comfortable with it soon.

Any other Bay Area SQ5 owners on here?
Old 10-24-2017, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The one thing I would have loved to see as an option was a black front grill.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pbot
Hey all,
Thought i'd chime in that I picked up my 2018 SQ5 yesterday, too early to give any major feedback at the moment, but i'm liking it so far.

Config:
- Prestige
- Monsoon Grey Metallic
- S Sport package
- Wheel & Tire package ,

Pretty overwhelmed with all the technology in the car at the moment, but i'll get more comfortable with it soon.

Congratulations! I picked up my sq two weeks ago, it similar to yours but Daytona Gray, not sure how the grays differ. The tech is great, easy to get acclimated to, though there is a lot. The Google search for the nav is great and voice recognition is good. The Prestige package is definitely worth it, the cabin is so quiet with the insulated glass. The ability to customize the driver options is great, I like the comfort mode for suspension, comfortable but still handles well, my local roads are terrible so that comes in handy, set the rest of stuff to dynamic. Still learning to deal with the bit of turbo lag, I think it will just be a matter of using throttle more aggressively at times. The car is butter, smooth as could be, I thought the best overall package of the competition. Love the 21 inch rims, gorgeous and the ride is still great, not overly hard. Enjoy. Regards. Ned.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

Config:
- Prestige
- Monsoon Grey Metallic
- S Sport package
- Wheel & Tire package ,

Nice ! Congratulations. I picked up my SQ5 this past saturday.
-- Premium Plus
- Moonlight Blue Metallic
- S Sport package
- Wheel & Tire package ,
- Audi Beam - rings (I know it's gimmicky, but it's kinda nice )
- Black Fine Nappa Leather package.

I agree with Ngerstman , takes a bit getting used to the Turbo lag, but boy oh boy once it's in the mid range do you feel the power curve or what !!, As an engineer I find myself doing math of the Force potential lugging 2 tonnes of weight at that acceleration, it's one thing when you're in a 911, but this thing isn't small, man it can go and everytime without fail, doesn't fail to put a smile on my face. I'm probably the idiot with a stupid grin on his face on the highway .

I've found putting it in Dynamic mode when you start out and then changing it into either individual / auto gives me the best feel, probably doesn't do much for fuel economy, but responds much better. YMMV.

Congrats again to both of you.

Fermat.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FermatP
Nice ! Congratulations. I picked up my SQ5 this past saturday.
-- Premium Plus
- Moonlight Blue Metallic
- S Sport package
- Wheel & Tire package ,
- Audi Beam - rings (I know it's gimmicky, but it's kinda nice )
- Black Fine Nappa Leather package.

I agree with Ngerstman , takes a bit getting used to the Turbo lag, but boy oh boy once it's in the mid range do you feel the power curve or what !!, As an engineer I find myself doing math of the Force potential lugging 2 tonnes of weight at that acceleration, it's one thing when you're in a 911, but this thing isn't small, man it can go and everytime without fail, doesn't fail to put a smile on my face. I'm probably the idiot with a stupid grin on his face on the highway .

I've found putting it in Dynamic mode when you start out and then changing it into either individual / auto gives me the best feel, probably doesn't do much for fuel economy, but responds much better. YMMV.

Congrats again to both of you.

Fermat.
The moonlight blue was my first choice but didn’t have the option package I wanted, great color. My dealership had an astounding 35 sq5’s in inventory so I had a huge selection, went with Daytona Gray, wasn’t wild about the silver, too light, not deep enough. Does your premium plus have the air suspension? Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ngerstman
Congratulations! I picked up my sq two weeks ago, it similar to yours but Daytona Gray, not sure how the grays differ. The tech is great, easy to get acclimated to, though there is a lot. The Google search for the nav is great and voice recognition is good. The Prestige package is definitely worth it, the cabin is so quiet with the insulated glass. The ability to customize the driver options is great, I like the comfort mode for suspension, comfortable but still handles well, my local roads are terrible so that comes in handy, set the rest of stuff to dynamic. Still learning to deal with the bit of turbo lag, I think it will just be a matter of using throttle more aggressively at times. The car is butter, smooth as could be, I thought the best overall package of the competition. Love the 21 inch rims, gorgeous and the ride is still great, not overly hard. Enjoy. Regards. Ned.
Have definitely noticed the acceleration lag in comfort mode, I find myself switching to dynamic to get more responsive especially on the freeway.

I agree about the insulated glass, it's eerily quiet inside. I actually purposely crank the windows down so I can hear the growl in dynamic mode
Old 10-25-2017, 07:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ngerstman
The moonlight blue was my first choice but didn’t have the option package I wanted, great color. My dealership had an astounding 35 sq5’s in inventory so I had a huge selection, went with Daytona Gray, wasn’t wild about the silver, too light, not deep enough. Does your premium plus have the air suspension? Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Yep, got the Adaptive Air Suspension (something I found about it yesterday, if you're at speeds + 75mph more than 30 secs, it'll automatically lower the car to get more aerodynamic).
Three things that aren't on mine are
- Virtual Cockpit / Nav package / MMI Touch
- Driver Assistance Package
- Dynamic Steering
Besides that got everything else. (here is a config I made on Audi just for my reference. - https://www.audiusa.com/audicode/AT2ZULTE )
Old 10-25-2017, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey all,

Config:
- Prestige
- Monsoon Grey Metallic
- S Sport package
- Wheel & Tire package ,

Congrats on the new car! I picked mine up 4 weeks ago today. Similar to yours but with Dynamic Steering, DAP and I went with warm weather package instead of the Napa (also Navarra Blue). Enjoy that thing. Lots of fun to be had. I already have mine lowered and wheels on. Starting to look for more mods, but not much out yet for our car.

Where you located in bay area? I am in San Jose.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cmoore86
Congrats on the new car! I picked mine up 4 weeks ago today. Similar to yours but with Dynamic Steering, DAP and I went with warm weather package instead of the Napa (also Navarra Blue). Enjoy that thing. Lots of fun to be had. I already have mine lowered and wheels on. Starting to look for more mods, but not much out yet for our car.

Where you located in bay area? I am in San Jose.
I used to be in Redwood city till June, moved to Maryland/College Park are in July for a contracting gig, miss the perfect driving weather out west, traffic isn't any better this side of the county, pretty much on par with 101.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FermatP
I used to be in Redwood city till June, moved to Maryland/College Park are in July for a contracting gig, miss the perfect driving weather out west, traffic isn't any better this side of the county, pretty much on par with 101.
Nice! I work in Redwood City right now and moved from San Mateo to San Jose about a month ago. You definitely will miss the weather. The weather is how I convince myself that the ridiculous real estate prices are worth it. I am sure you still have plenty of fun and places to drive out there though. So far from everything fun to drive to out here on west coast.

Quick Reply: New SQ5 Owner