Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

New owner questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New owner questions

Yesterday I posted about making a decision between a Q3 and Q5. I went with the '23 Q5 Plus and pick it up tonight! I do have some questions though.

1. Where is the best place to get accessories like rugged floor mats? Rear seat cover? The dealership said they cannot get them for a few months, so I am going to look aftermarket. Is there a good online store for Audi or just go Amazon?
2. It came with the Nav package. What is the MMI Navigation plus and how do you use it? I tried searching on Google and all I can find is people asking the same question, never how to use it. If it was included is the a still a subscription price? It also has the Connect Plus, but I doubt I will use that since I use Android Auto and have no need for a hot spot.
3. Are there any tunes and are they even worth it? APR says nothing available for the '23. I'd prefer one that includes an add-on powertrain warranty.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2023, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 191 Likes on 132 Posts

Congratulations and you will be happy with the Q5. It’s a great car and as I responded yesterday, both options were good based on my ownership experience.
I can’t comment on your questions other than there are multiple Audi dealerships with online ordering if you want the OE floor-mats.
I would personally recommend holding off any tuning for a while as it may void the drivetrain warranty
The following users liked this post:
kmhobs (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts

Depending on what you are looking for I have been using the WeatherTech floor mats for many rears and am a big fan, if not looking for that level of protection check out online Audi OEM parts sources like https://www.audiusaparts.com/

I agree with above and hold off on the tune for now, personally I don't go that route until warranty has expired.
kmhobs (10-03-2023)
Old 10-03-2023, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by atlanta A6
I would personally recommend holding off any tuning for a while as it may void the drivetrain warranty
Originally Posted by RCPrato
I agree with above and hold off on the tune for now, personally I don't go that route until warranty has expired.
Coming from the VW side of the company, there were a couple options with tuning where the company does an in person tune, not something like a JB4, and they sell an add-on warranty that replaces the voided part of the warranty should the manufacturer refuse to honor something related to the tune. This might not be available with an Audi. APR was one that offered it if you went to one of their certified shops. There were even VW dealerships who were APR certified and you could finance it with your purchase. If I find something I won't just jump in and will make sure I am covered. Thank you.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by kmhobs
Yesterday I posted about making a decision between a Q3 and Q5. I went with the '23 Q5 Plus and pick it up tonight! I do have some questions though.

1. Where is the best place to get accessories like rugged floor mats? Rear seat cover? The dealership said they cannot get them for a few months, so I am going to look aftermarket. Is there a good online store for Audi or just go Amazon?
2. It came with the Nav package. What is the MMI Navigation plus and how do you use it? I tried searching on Google and all I can find is people asking the same question, never how to use it. If it was included is the a still a subscription price? It also has the Connect Plus, but I doubt I will use that since I use Android Auto and have no need for a hot spot.
3. Are there any tunes and are they even worth it? APR says nothing available for the '23. I'd prefer one that includes an add-on powertrain warranty.

Thanks!
Tuxmat, a Canadian company sells through Amazon. Incredible fit good looking and easy to install equivalent or more value I think to the well known American brand. I do not use the Audi nav system I use Android Auto free and current.
kmhobs (10-04-2023)
Old 10-04-2023, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jebhick
Tuxmat, a Canadian company sells through Amazon. Incredible fit good looking and easy to install equivalent or more value I think to the well known American brand. I do not use the Audi nav system I use Android Auto free and current.
I use Android Auto as well. Was just wondering if I have features I paid for and am not utilizing. If the big thing is the satellite view, then I am good as I don't even really care for it. Too busy and distracting. Plus AA has it if I want it.

Saw that one on Amazon. Haven't picked yet, but I was leaning towards the 3W brand mats. I like the middle cover in the back because there will occasionally be dogs back there. Looking for a hammock rear seat cover as well.
Old 10-05-2023, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jebhick
Tuxmat, a Canadian company sells through Amazon. Incredible fit good looking and easy to install equivalent or more value I think to the well known American brand.
We tried Tuxmat for the first time on our new SQ5 and like not only the appearance but the coverage area as well.
jebhick (10-05-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 10:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I do prefer the OEM Rugged Ruber Mats. Have you tried here? https://www.genuineaudiparts.com/
TJK (10-11-2023)
Old 10-11-2023, 03:43 AM
TJK
AudiWorld Member

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Re navigation, as far as I know, the nav system has basic functionality built in. That means you can enter an address and it’ll get you there. But if you want live traffic info and Google access for searching addresses and points of interest, you have to have a live subscription to Audi Connect. I think new buyers get this free for a time period initially, but then you have to buy it (subscribe for a fee) if you want it. Many people have commented that it isn’t worthwhile and instead they just use Apple Maps or Waze via CarPlay.