Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Navigation favourites : how do I rename?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation favourites : how do I rename?

Hi,
this is my very first article here, so first of all... Hi everybody !
Now... going to my first topic: I'm able to add navigation favourite but... how do I rename it? I see it in the list like "street nb xx City yyy" but... can't I setup it as "Mattew's home" for example?

Is there a way to do so ?

Thank you
Old 06-22-2023, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also could not figure out how to do this. Our previous Q5 (2019) had that capability, but our 2022 does not let you change the name (apparently).
We asked the dealership (several times), and they claim that it can be done, however, they could not do it.
I then called Audi of America, and was told (today) that "that feature has been removed". I can't believe something so basic "has been removed".

If you find out how to do this, I'd very much like to know. Good luck (to all of us!)
Old 03-31-2024, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pcrespi
Hi,
this is my very first article here, so first of all... Hi everybody !
Now... going to my first topic: I'm able to add navigation favourite but... how do I rename it? I see it in the list like "street nb xx City yyy" but... can't I setup it as "Mattew's home" for example?

Is there a way to do so ?

Thank you
You can do this in the myAudi mobile app. Go to the Nav section of the app, hit the “Find Destinations” drop down, choose “Favorites”, tap “Edit” on the top right corner, select the favorite you want to rename, tap “Rename”, tap “Done” wait a few seconds to push it to the car.

Note that on the MMI, if you have the Favorites view up, you’ll have to navigate away and back to favorites to see the change.

Also note that if you have an address that you renamed currently saved as a “Shortcut” in the secondary central convenience screen (climate control), you’ll need to remove it and add it back again. Do this by opening up the shortcuts view (4 squares icon 🔲🔲🔲&#128306, long press on any shortcut until the “X” appears, tap the “X” to remove the shortcut, tap “Done”. Bonus: you can reorder them by entering into edit mode (the first long press to get the “X”), then long pressing on the shortcut you want to move and dragging it onto the shortcut you want to put it in front of.

Cheers!

myAudi app, view nav favorites

myAudi app, edit or rename nav favorites

The following users liked this post:
Scotty (UK) (04-01-2024)
Old 04-01-2024, 12:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm using app version 4.24.1 which is the most up to date for Android. The renaming tip above worked well (thanks) but there seems no ability to reorder. A long press only let's you then swipe left or right to delete.

I guess the above images are from an iPhone.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty (UK)
I'm using app version 4.24.1 which is the most up to date for Android. The renaming tip above worked well (thanks) but there seems no ability to reorder. A long press only let's you then swipe left or right to delete.

I guess the above images are from an iPhone.
Yes those images are from an iPhone. However on iPhone, I cannot reorder either. I can only reorder them in the MMI. Edit your favorites list on the MMI and touch/drag the up/down arrow icon. It’s really buggy though. I find them out of order after reordering a couple at once sometimes. I don’t understand under what circumstances it happens. I sorted a couple important ones and gave up on the rest.