Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Is the Mexico plant back?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am not sure why Audi doesnt have something online like BMW does (I got to watch one of my cars go through the factory, and showed what stage it was in, and even what boat it was put on!). instead, you give your email address to the dealer, and they add you to the contact list. If the status changes, you get an email saying what stage it is in now. So you may already have your email on the order, but nothing has happened.

There is no other way to check that I know of... lame, Audi... lame.
The following users liked this post:
Silver-Bolt (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Aldwyn
I am not sure why Audi doesnt have something online like BMW does (I got to watch one of my cars go through the factory, and showed what stage it was in, and even what boat it was put on!). instead, you give your email address to the dealer, and they add you to the contact list. If the status changes, you get an email saying what stage it is in now. So you may already have your email on the order, but nothing has happened.

There is no other way to check that I know of... lame, Audi... lame.
Even at Ford you can track your order. Audi is the first car company that I haven't been able to track the order.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt
Where can I check my order status? I have the order number is it possible to check online?
An Audi of American rep that was on the "other" Audi forum (Audizine) was able to provide that info when I gave him the order number. That was a year ago so I don't know if he still does it, but look for a user named "Audi USA" and send them a PM.
The following users liked this post:
Silver-Bolt (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even if you can look at Audi’s internal AIM system, it’s not reliable at the moment and hard to know where a car is actually at. Some Q5s are showing in transit from factory for almost 6 weeks now, but they are not showing up at ports. Are they built, are they not? Waiting QC checks and release from factory? Who knows where the car is at.

People that work for Audi don’t really know as you can’t trust the internal tracking system. It’s a bit of a mess and you’ll just have to play the waiting game.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

From Automotive News:
The complexity of the moment can be glimpsed in the Mexican state of Puebla, which is home to a sprawling Volkswagen assembly complex, a 4-year-old Audi plant and hundreds of suppliers. While Mexico’s federal government approved a May 18 date for the country to start a gradual return to auto manufacturing, Puebla Gov. Miguel Barbosa is resisting at the state level because of virus cases there. Puebla is now targeting mid-June for a restart.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

New target date is June 15th:

Audi Confirms It Will Restart Operations in Puebla on June 15th

And at only 30% capacity, I imagine that puts my delivery date well past October... guess I need to start looking for a car on a lot.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:35 AM
Audi Q5e Driver

Received 192 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Aldwyn
And at only 30% capacity, I imagine that puts my delivery date well past October... guess I need to start looking for a car on a lot.
Or start considering 2021 Model year orders...sorry...
Old 06-09-2020, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

This has been the plan for weeks. Not sure 30% workforce translates directly to 30% capacity. My take is that many folks panicked and cancelled their orders when this all hit. Once up and running we should get an idea about deliveries. The 2021's will be pushed way out now with the refresh and all the 2020 parts to use up.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:22 AM
Audi Q5e Driver

Received 192 Likes on 130 Posts

Not sure how much of a stockpile of 2020 parts there will be, since most of those part's suppliers were also shutdown. But, this is all guessing, and suspect Audi/VW is doing a lot of number crunching right now as well trying to figure out what it will all end up looking like.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:47 AM
Audi Q5e

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been looking at lots and reaching out over 5 states and there's nothing on hand either... really feels like I'm just going to be waiting for a 2021. I told my dealer if they announce the 2021 model year before I get my car, I'm going to be going for the 2021.

Quick Reply: Is the Mexico plant back?