Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Help with exit assist seats and steering

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with exit assist seats and steering

2022 Q5 S line 45
The seat doesn't move back with exit assist selected . I thought it moved for the first few times I opened the door. At first the dealer said it was needing a new seat controller or something like that. They agreed it should be working after trying it on similar cars. After a month I brought it in for that recall. I asked about the seat part, and they took my car again back in the shop. At the end of the day they said I don't have the seat option..only the steering wheel moves.
WHAT!??? Are you joking? Why in the world would I have premium leather power seats with driver side memory and heated and vented and WHAT!?? only the steering wheel moves for exit assist..Are they just not wanting to fix this? or is it even possible ?
I swear I saw those seats move before when I opened the door, which made me search the manual on how to set up exit assist in the first place.
Anybody? Please help Is there someone I can call to see if they made these cars with steering wheel only exit assist? somebody from Audi ?
Old 02-19-2022, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

You’ll probably need a OBDELEVEN or VCDS to code the seat to move. That’s what I did. At least you have power steering wheel adjustment. Most of us manual adjustment.
The following users liked this post:
jkaram (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Qnardacci
2022 Q5 S line 45
The seat doesn't move back with exit assist selected . I thought it moved for the first few times I opened the door. At first the dealer said it was needing a new seat controller or something like that. They agreed it should be working after trying it on similar cars. After a month I brought it in for that recall. I asked about the seat part, and they took my car again back in the shop. At the end of the day they said I don't have the seat option..only the steering wheel moves.
WHAT!??? Are you joking? Why in the world would I have premium leather power seats with driver side memory and heated and vented and WHAT!?? only the steering wheel moves for exit assist..Are they just not wanting to fix this? or is it even possible ?
I swear I saw those seats move before when I opened the door, which made me search the manual on how to set up exit assist in the first place.
Anybody? Please help Is there someone I can call to see if they made these cars with steering wheel only exit assist? somebody from Audi ?
I did not have that feature on my Audi, but I know that in some cars, the seat will only go back so far for exiting as not to crush someone's legs. If your seat if set pretty far back in the first place, it will not go back any further. Maybe when it worked before, you did not have the seat set as far back.
I may be totally wrong here, but this may be your problem.
Happy motoring.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 151 Likes on 106 Posts

'22 Q5 Prestige here--only the steering wheel moves.
The following users liked this post:
fujinator (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steering wheel moves . Is that normal?

Originally Posted by jim2560
'22 Q5 Prestige here--only the steering wheel moves.
shouldn’t the seat also move back and down as well?
Old 02-19-2022, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 151 Likes on 106 Posts

The seat does not move, nor does the manual say it does. It just says the setting makes it easier to enter and exit (p. 63). Some set the first 1/2 button on the door to their preference and the second to a pushed back seat position. That could work if you have just one driver. Some makes move the seat, some don't without Carista-type settings. '17 BMW 4 Series I had did not move the seat, most Lexus cars did.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

The seat does not move, nor does the manual say it does. It just says the setting makes it easier to enter and exit (p. 63). Some set the first 1/2 button on the door to their preference and the second to a pushed back seat position. That could work if you have just one driver. Some makes move the seat, some don't without Carista-type settings. '17 BMW 4 Series I had did not move the seat, most Lexus cars did.
Confirmed in our Prestige model as well (i.e. seat did move back in our Q7 and in our current RS6 but never in any Q5 we have owned)
Old 02-19-2022, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

the driver seat on my 2022 Q5 SB Prestige also did not move upon exiting the car, however a simple VCDS code change in module [36] as per this thread fixed it. here is the code

[36] => byte 3 -> Bit 6 -> 1
[36] => byte 6 -> Bit 2 -> 1

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...issue-2975411/
The following 2 users liked this post by kdagher:
Harplayr (02-20-2022), jkaram (02-19-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Only my steering wheel moves for exiting.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 341 Likes on 253 Posts

This is what my wife and I do. The second seat position is for me (taller), so when my wife is done driving, she simply pushes the #2 button before exiting. Super easy and requires no extra programming. When the door is closed, you do have to hold the button. When the door is open, the seat continues to move with just a momentary push. That's also the case for entering the vehicle, if the seat position needs adjusting.

Quick Reply: Help with exit assist seats and steering