AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM me your email addresses and I'll send 'em. Instruction set covers Q5/7/8
Old 06-18-2023, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Petermccartney
PM me your email addresses and I'll send 'em. Instruction set covers Q5/7/8
for some reason says I can’t PM, but did email you my email address. Thanks again!
Old 06-23-2023, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Can you post pictures of wiring?

can we see photos of the wiring please?

Originally Posted by PartsByTopher LLC
PM me your email address, happy to send it.
Old 06-24-2023, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by aevi222
can we see photos of the wiring please?
Do you still need wiring diagram? If so send me your email address, will be happy to forward you the directions i received.
Old 08-17-2023, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Looking for 2021 Q7 4M0 052 111 install instructions

Hello everyone, wondering if anybody can send me instructions for this install, thanks for all the pictures in the thread, any help would be much appreciated, I can plan my email address, if needed
Old 08-19-2023, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Instructions

Originally Posted by IEAAudiQ7
Hello everyone, wondering if anybody can send me instructions for this install, thanks for all the pictures in the thread, any help would be much appreciated, I can plan my email address, if needed
Hi, please send me your email address and I can send.

Old 08-30-2023, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I’m looking for these instructions as well.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

what did you use to paint yours black?

Originally Posted by Atari XL
Note: Thanks to Chris @ PartsByTopher for providing the install instructions! I'm installing 80A-052-111 on my '22 SQ5, but the instruction set applies to: Q5 2021+, Q7 2020+, and Q8 2019+. The emblem is --> CHROME <--. (I painted mine black and don't want to confuse anyone.)

Installation: This is an overview since you'll need the instructions to complete the wiring. The control unit (2) is velcro mounted by the right side firewall where your VIN is etched. Power connections are made at the ground stud (1) and positive junction box (3). Two CAN control wires are unpinned from the right headlight connector (4), fed into the retrofit wiring harness, and two wires from the retrofit harness are pinned back into the headlight connector. (Two small safety pins work fine if you don't have wire terminal tools.) Retrofit harness wiring is then routed to the front grille where you drill a 12mm hole for the power wire to pass through, and sand down a dozen locating tabs to create a flat mounting surface. Drill templates are included in the instructions and you'll need legal size paper, or a way to force printing "actual size" for correct proportions. I agree with ekyp's estimated install time of 2-3 hours.

My Impressions: The components are excellent and I know plenty of people will enjoy the accessory / factory option without a single complaint. My nitpicks are: the color temperature is too high, no brightness options available, no black optic option, and the thing that really gives me heartburn is the BRIGHT light element being visible on all sides. Compared to my wife's car, hers looks like a seamless factory option and mine doesn't. I'm going to give it some time to see whether or not I keep it. Hope this helps!

(1) Negative (2) Control Unit (3) Positive (4) Headlight Connector

Old 12-11-2023, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello gentlemen. Can you please send me a copy of the installation instructions to drasticmeasures4@hotmail.com? I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received the install instructions from Ken/Atari XL - thanks again. They look very straight forward and doable except for a few items. I’m working on a Q8.

As anyone made this mod that has a “mild hybrid” motor? Before I can disconnect the battery, I’m supposed to de-energize the 48 V system with the Vehicle Diagnostic Tester. I have no idea what this is; is this an Audi dealer tool?

Also, I’m supposed to remove noise insulation – I thinks that’s the underbody cover soundproofing. But I’m not sure why this is from my initial look. Is this skippable? (I’m using Audi eRWin for info – did I get the wrong insulation?)

Finally, I’m supposed to attach wires to terminal 30 in positions D or E. Both are occupied for me; B and C are not. So I’m guessing that they are ok positions, since there’s a note that says I should use an empty slot. Correct note?

Dealer wants $1080 to do this work, but I did not get a breakdown for that estimate. I’m talking with a non-dealer Audi mechanic tomorrow.

Quick Reply: EKTA help? Need instructions for Illuminated Rings