Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Dealer error on Q5 order - what are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 08:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer error on Q5 order - what are my options?

Hello everyone,

My parents ordered a Q5 from a local dealer and it FINALLY arrived. Sure enough, there's no sunroof as was requested. There's obviously a price difference but more importantly my parents don't want it now and waited 3 months for this vehicle. The dealer is offering some price discount on the vehicle. Are there any other options we may have? Of course ask for a better discount on another order but anything else? Thanks all...
Old 09-26-2017, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you have the dealer find one identical to what you ordered? I would try that and request a steep discount with free Audi care.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

What is the issue here? You say there's no sunroof as was requested. Okay, that sounds like there is no problem with the order. What was the actual discrepancy?

Originally Posted by samsoccer7
Hello everyone,

My parents ordered a Q5 from a local dealer and it FINALLY arrived. Sure enough, there's no sunroof as was requested. There's obviously a price difference but more importantly my parents don't want it now and waited 3 months for this vehicle. The dealer is offering some price discount on the vehicle. Are there any other options we may have? Of course ask for a better discount on another order but anything else? Thanks all...
Old 09-26-2017, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulW
What is the issue here? You say there's no sunroof as was requested. Okay, that sounds like there is no problem with the order. What was the actual discrepancy?
They requested a sunroof it seems like?
Old 09-26-2017, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bad phrasing from my end, sorry. We wanted the pano sunroof and did not want the front license plate (going to a different state that doesn't require it). He deleted the sunroof instead of the front license plate holder. Haven't found one around the country yet. Will ask for Audi Care or something else when we reorder. So annoying.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Try working with your dealership and if nothing is working for you. Then I would contact Audi of America customer service
Old 09-26-2017, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds like you are stuck with no sunroof unless you don't want the car that way. Either order a new one or source a similar one to your likings in the US, shouldn't be that hard.

FYI, there is no front license plate holder, just a few fill in strips in the grill (that cost $130 or so) that get installed. So no need to specify that, just get the fill in strips. Another thread here in the first few pages.

Good luck!
Old 09-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Either order a new one or source a similar one to your likings in the US, shouldn't be that hard.
+1

It's much more difficult to source a Q5/SQ5 without a panoramic roof as the vast majority of them are equipped with one.

If you can live with the mistake, then try to negotiate a hefty discount. If you cannot, then have the dealer source another car that you'd be happy with. If they cannot, then order another car at a hefty discount.

And you should be able to add the front license plate filler kit afterwards if the car doesn't already have it.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by EMpunker
+1

It's much more difficult to source a Q5/SQ5 without a panoramic roof as the vast majority of them are equipped with one.

If you can live with the mistake, then try to negotiate a hefty discount. If you cannot, then have the dealer source another car that you'd be happy with. If they cannot, then order another car at a hefty discount.

And you should be able to add the front license plate filler kit afterwards if the car doesn't already have it.
Agreed. They need to make it right for you and should bend over backwards to make it happen.