Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Dare I get excited?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peacefulwarrior
I was looking at that ship too. Think it takes 10 days to reach Davisville port and a week after that to the dealer I suppose.
Hope you have some good news soon
-PW-
Ten days is about right depending on how busy the port of Jacksonville, FL is too. Yeah I hope to have good news soon too. I can't track mine as easily. All I know is that its supposed to be on a train going to Houston via KCSM (Kansas City Southern de Mexico). I presume I will see an MSRP price on the dealer website once it arrives in the States. After that, a truck ride for a few days.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built!

WooHoo!!! Our Q5 came off the production line today and VIN assigned, exactly on the preliminary schedule.
Audi raised our hopes by announcing that it was "in production" 2.5 weeks earlier than scheduled, but couldn't be happier that it is done on time,
Still hoping to have possession prior for our planned "maiden voyage" vacation the second week of November. Seems likely. Can anyone confirm if N. California deliveries are by sea or rail?

Ordered 7/22. Completed 10/6. = 77 days.

Attempted to register the new VIN with the placeholder set up earlier on MyAudi, but it would not accept the VIN.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So about how long after car is listed on website with a VIN does it take to arrive at the dealer?
Old 10-07-2017, 03:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fun4stuff
So about how long after car is listed on website with a VIN does it take to arrive at the dealer?
Mine was listed on the dealers site 9/11. I recieved an update Thursday that it is expected in Davisville 10/11 and probably another week or so after that to get to the dealer. So in my case about 6 weeks
Old 10-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

In my case, my VIN showed up at about September 7th or 8th. I got my Q5 delivered October 4th. So just about a month in my case. (My SA was pushing hard and fast for delivery as he was leaving on the 5th, and wanted to ensure he could personally have it for me before he left. Don't know if this is normal or he made it happen. Very happy, either way.)

Also noting that the MSRP didn't appear on the dealer site until October 3rd, so I was thinking it'd be another week or two to get it. I dunno why, but we had less than 24 hours from MSRP showing up to picking the Q5 up at our dealer. Nice surprise!
Old 10-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got an email today saying the car is in us and is nearly ready for delivery.Not sure how many days it would take to reach Virginia
PW
Old 10-13-2017, 10:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Halftrack
WooHoo!!! Our Q5 came off the production line today and VIN assigned, exactly on the preliminary schedule.
Audi raised our hopes by announcing that it was "in production" 2.5 weeks earlier than scheduled, but couldn't be happier that it is done on time,
Still hoping to have possession prior for our planned "maiden voyage" vacation the second week of November. Seems likely. Can anyone confirm if N. California deliveries are by sea or rail?

Ordered 7/22. Completed 10/6. = 77 days.

Attempted to register the new VIN with the placeholder set up earlier on MyAudi, but it would not accept the VIN.
Hmmm. Our car (and 14-15 others) seems to have disappeared from the dealer's web site inventory. I wonder what THAT means? Anybody run into this?
Old 10-14-2017, 02:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Halftrack
Hmmm. Our car (and 14-15 others) seems to have disappeared from the dealer's web site inventory. I wonder what THAT means? Anybody run into this?
Happened to us too.I think they removed all the sold orders.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

From my exerience that means your car has reached the destination port-RI and will be placed on a truck to Virginia soon. I recieved that email on September 27 and my car arrived at the dealers on October 4.

QUOTE=peacefulwarrior;25051466]I got an email today saying the car is in us and is nearly ready for delivery.Not sure how many days it would take to reach Virginia
PW[/QUOTE]
Old 10-14-2017, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

My car showed up on the dealers website on September 1 and it arrived at the dealers on October 4. However during that time there were logistical problems such as 3 hurricanes and such.

Quick Reply: Dare I get excited?