Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Customer Reviews for Q5/SQ5 Stealth Hitch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Q5 Review from Deni S.

Great hitch!

Buying my stealth hitch was a great experience. I was out of the country and needed to get the right hitch ordered. I sent the company my order # and asked if they would verify that I had ordered the right hitch for my SUV, and that it would arrive in time to get it mounted for an upcoming trip. The order and delivery were perfect. Thanks, Stealth!!

Thank you Deni S. for your review! Glad to hear everything went smoothly. Wishes for safe and happy travels on your trip!
Old 03-28-2019, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor

Default Q5 Review from HL J.

Simple and Elegant

I am very happy with the Stealth Hitch product, service and process. Steve and Jan and the crew were a pleasure to meet and they made the entire transaction smooth. I was able to show up early and Steve gave me space to work remotely during installation. I was on my way out less than 2.5 hours later, with no visual evidence of the new equipment. Installation and removal of the receiver is a snap and the car's appearance is in no way compromised. I highly recommend as an alternative to factory installed hitches, which would have permanently altered the aesthetics of our vehicle

Thank you HL for your awesome review! Very glad to hear the process was an easy one for you. We wish you much happiness with your Stealth Hitch!
Old 04-25-2019, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor

Default Audi SQ5 Review from Matthew A.

AUDI SQ5
Overall my experience was excellent. The price, delivery, and product are fantastic. My only complaint might be that my Hitch sticks out a little too much. I realize you need clearance for attachments but it is a bit excessive. I recommended you guys to a friend that has a Porsche Cayenne and his is much shorter. Having said this, the great thing about you hitch is that I can remove it when not in use. So, the positives far out weigh the negative.

Thank you Matthew A. for your review! We appreciate your comments! We are currently working on a model that will have the receiver recess a bit more
Old 07-15-2019, 08:58 AM
Former Vendor

Default Q5 Review from Joe A.

Installation and support

Steve was great. HE replied on a weekend to help me figure out which kit to buy. The only issue is that my Q5 2013 does not match their install instructions. As frustrating as that was they did reach out to us and help guide us through the installation. SO I recommend them as a vender. JOE

Thank you Joe for your review! Customer service is very important to us and we are glad we were able to help!
Old 07-29-2019, 08:26 AM
Former Vendor

Default Q8 Anonymous Review

Q8

Install was great.It looks and works perfecyly.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:12 AM
Former Vendor

Default SQ5 Review from Kevin W.

Love it!

I put the stealth Hitch on my 2019 Audi SQ5 & you can’t tell it’s even on. Highly recommended!!!

Thank you,, Kevin, for your review! We wish you many happy cycling adventures with your new Stealth Hitch!

Old 10-15-2019, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor

Default Anonymous Q5 Review

Awesome. Preserves my look
Awesome. Easy installation.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do any of you have some lateral movement on your hitch when the receiver is installed?

Like if your bike rack is on and you move it side to side is there any play?

Stealth said it is normal play but no one on the AMG forum has this issue, only me.

I am just curious, I am certain it is stable and it's an awesome hitch.

Customer Reviews for Q5/SQ5 Stealth Hitch!!!-ezr73zh.jpg
Old 01-15-2020, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor

Default Q5 Anonymous Review

As advertised

I am not generally one who writes reviews but this time, felt compelled to do so. The stealth hitch really is fantastic. Ordered online, had it sent to the nearest installer that the web site referenced, and had it installed on my brand new Audi Q5. I must admit, I was very nervous about anyone other than Audi working on the car, but crossed my fingers and went for it. The installation was perfect, but more importantly, the hitch is exactly as advertised. Completely invisible when the hitch is detached. The hitch snaps firmly into the receiver, and carries my Thule hitch rack with two bikes with no play or rattles. When not using the rack, I simply remove it, detach the hitch, and the car looks as good as new with no unsightly hitch attached. Whole installation of hitch and rack or removal, takes 3 minutes or less. Couldn’t be happier with the stealth hitch. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2020, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After reading all the reviews on the Stealth Hitch, I decided to pull the trigger on this back in Feb, I am in Canada and with the Pandemic, it just came in to the shop I ordered it through this week, so, we aren't off to a great start, but, it is the times. So, I take the car to the shop, install is done in approx 3 hours, hitch looks great, works fine, so, I leave and head home. Once home however, I notice the shop didn't get the last couple clips where the rear bumper meets the rear wheel arch trim properly and it is loose, make appointment to go back and get that rectified. That was this morning, and is done, however, now there is a larger gap than should be there between bumper and rear wheel arch trim, shop tells me this is normal with Stealth Hitch as we've added about 1/4" of metal behind the bumper. I'm not thrilled with this. Is this normal? Have any of you experienced this? Looking for advice. Images attached, left side worse than right in my opinion. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Customer Reviews for Q5/SQ5 Stealth Hitch!!!