Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Creaky brake pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So had to bring this thread back to life. My replacement servo is acting up again after 2 months. The pedal squeak is intermittent, seems like it happens more often when engine hasn’t been fully warmed up (oil temp below 200F ish) or when parallel parking. I’m starting to think this has something to do with booster vacuum pump.

I don’t want Audi to change the booster again if this won’t solve the issue. In an otherwise quiet car, this sucks. Any luck out there solving this? Per invoice, servo part #80A-612-107-A.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

We are still squeak free after our booster replacement. Plenty of rattles from other sources though.
Old 01-27-2022, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you manage to get this issue addresed?

Originally Posted by SQM3
I just got my brake servo replaced today on the SQ5 and the brake travel has increased by at least an inch or 2 before bite. Is this something you noticed? Before I got this done it was braking quite nicely with the slightest touch. Happy to report squeak sound is gone though. Wondering if I should have them try to bleed again...
did you get this 2inch drop before brakes applied issue addresed? I am having the same issue.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pickausername
did you get this 2inch drop before brakes applied issue addresed? I am having the same issue.
Took it back, tech said brakes had no air, but still bled them for me nonetheless and it was working like stock again. Brakes still squeak when weather sucks for some reason 🥲.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SQM3
Took it back, tech said brakes had no air, but still bled them for me nonetheless and it was working like stock again. Brakes still squeak when weather sucks for some reason 🥲.
thank you very much for the fast reply. I booking it asap. My heart skipped a beat when i left the dealership and did not get that initial brake grab. Big difference from what it was before the brake booster and master cylinder was replaced for the squeky noise.
Old 01-31-2022, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Squeak, squeak, squeak mine will continue to do this until the rubber booster gets replaced. Which likely will be not under my ownership. Bye bye in 2023.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts

Bumping this from the depths

anyone paid to have this fixed out of warranty? How much did it cost? And does anyone know if there are any safety/functional issues if I just leave it as is?

I am planning to reach out to Audi for goodwill as it’s been doing this since I purchased the car when it was still under warranty. I recently moved so I doubt the new dealership will be much help since I am not an established customer.

my brake pedal is silent under light pressure but medium or higher pressure it squeaks on push and release

2018 Q5 with 72k miles (also leaking coolant but I’ve got the new water pump class action coverage for that one)
The following 2 users liked this post by toomanymc:
Humble Bear (10-13-2022), Jester7677 (10-12-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toomanymc
Bumping this from the depths

anyone paid to have this fixed out of warranty? How much did it cost? And does anyone know if there are any safety/functional issues if I just leave it as is?

I am planning to reach out to Audi for goodwill as it’s been doing this since I purchased the car when it was still under warranty. I recently moved so I doubt the new dealership will be much help since I am not an established customer.

my brake pedal is silent under light pressure but medium or higher pressure it squeaks on push and release

2018 Q5 with 72k miles (also leaking coolant but I’ve got the new water pump class action coverage for that one)
Great question as my wife’s 2018 that is out of warranty just started doing this as well (and ball joints need to be replaced as well…of course).

Is it dangerous and or can it become dangerous as it relates to the brakes, or just annoying?
Old 12-06-2022, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by pbcsd
Great question as my wife’s 2018 that is out of warranty just started doing this as well (and ball joints need to be replaced as well…of course).

Is it dangerous and or can it become dangerous as it relates to the brakes, or just annoying?

I finally got a quote from my local dealer, $1,440 to fix the creaking brake pedal out of warranty, mostly in labor costs. He also said that to the best of his knowledge there are no safety concerns and that he has never had a customer get the repair done outside of warranty. Decided not to get it fixed for now, might check with an independent VW/Audi shop at a later date
Old 12-07-2022, 01:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info, and great to hear that it’s no safety concern. I have that noise as well and I am also outside my warranty. Extended warranty don’t cover this. So I gave up and just learn to live with the noise.
The following users liked this post:
Jester7677 (07-29-2023)

Quick Reply: Creaky brake pedal