Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Color Choice

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot

Navarra Blue is beautiful, seriously get it. A few people tried to buy my car off the delivery room floor because it looked so damn nice. I wanted Azores Green, but Navarra Blue is better. Even when it's dirty the color pop I drove home through huge storm so it got dirty before hand washing it this afternoon.
Wow...that Navarra Blue is gorgeous! Can't wait to see that color in person. My dealer only has black, white, and grey audis on the lot.

My last two vehicles have been silver, so I wanted to try something different, but prefer a low maintenance color. I'm considering Monsoon Grey - but I'm definitely going to have to consider that Navarra Blue!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ILAudiQ5
Wow...that Navarra Blue is gorgeous! Can't wait to see that color in person. My dealer only has black, white, and grey audis on the lot.

My last two vehicles have been silver, so I wanted to try something different, but prefer a low maintenance color. I'm considering Monsoon Grey - but I'm definitely going to have to consider that Navarra Blue!
Consider Azores Green. If I could change my order I would change my Manhatten Gray to it.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ILAudiQ5

The Navarra Blue is a great color. Here she is after taking a bath today. (West Texas isn't kind to a clean car i.e. it'll be dirty in a day or so)

Old 08-26-2017, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Azores Green....but Navarra was choice #2. So far there are no signs of dirt after a week, which is odd for a Colorado car that spends a lot of time on dirt roads.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default !

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
The Navarra Blue is a great color. Here she is after taking a bath today. (West Texas isn't kind to a clean car i.e. it'll be dirty in a day or so)

Thanks for the photos AndroidRobot definitely going for Navarra Blue now. Send some photos dirty too! Kinda OCD lol so need the comparison. Unfortunately I have to get a regular 2.0T, love the brushed aluminum mirrors on the SQ5. Do you know the part number for them? Don't worry I'm not a fraud. Not gong to put no SQ5 or V6T badge on it. Just like the how the extra aluminum looks.

Sorry havery Azores Green is a bit of a jump out of the box for me. Maybe on the next.

Last edited by auditrinidad; 08-26-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by auditrinidad
Thanks for the photos AndroidRobot definitely going for Navarra Blue now. Send some photos dirty too! Kinda OCD lol so need the comparison. Unfortunately I have to get a regular 2.0T, love the brushed aluminum mirrors on the SQ5. Do you know the part number for them? Don't worry I'm not a fraud. Not gong to put no SQ5 or V6T badge on it. Just like the how the extra aluminum looks.

Sorry havery Azores Green is a bit of a jump out of the box for me. Maybe on the next.
Well after Monday it'll be dirty again. I generally go visit sites for work which are off dirt roads. You can expect some pictures afterwards unless I forget. I'm not sure what the P/N is given how I only got the car on Wednesday. I wish Audi had a black optic package for their SQ5 because I prefer looking discrete. Another member had his aluminum blacked out to mimic the black optic styling, so I might go that route. I'm waiting to get the windows tinted with ceramic once an appt opens up.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Dark colors = swirl marks eventually. Not to mention dusk appears almost immediately. I'll never own a dark color again. Thus, I ordered my wife's Q5 Prestige in Silver. Happy days ahead.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by andrewling
Dark colors = swirl marks eventually. Not to mention dusk appears almost immediately. I'll never own a dark color again. Thus, I ordered my wife's Q5 Prestige in Silver. Happy days ahead.
I was never a fan of silver & only ever had dark cars until I ordered my 14 Q5 in silver. I never regretted the decision. The car never really looks dirty, though to be fair I never really give it a chance since it is hand washed at least twice a week, I know its a boring color to most, but I ordered an 18 Q5 in silver again.

We briefly considered Manhattan Grey but experience has taught me that it will show every swirl mark and require more detailing.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going from Silver to a Manhatten Gray.
However I plan on immediately clear bra'ing and Ceramic Coating the whole thing for exactly what is mentioned here about the swirls and dust.

I sincerely do like the Green and Red options as well, however I have to wonder if that "different" color newness phase would wear off after a year or so as well as be concerned about aging/ fading? Which brings me back to my original Manhatten Gray color choice.

I do agree that my current silver one always seems clean, but as mentioned it is a boring color that I probably wouldn't get again (personal preference of course).
Old 09-06-2017, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Yea I think Azores Green looks cool but feel like I would get tired of it in a few months. But if you want to stand out I think it's the color to get.

For me if I didn't already have a car that's colored practically the same as Navarra Blue, I would have most likely gotten that. But want to try something different. Had a black car before never again (for a daily driver). Silver is a great color but I feel like it blends in a bit too much. It lacks that pop.

For me it's either Ibis White or Daytona Grey. I really wish they offered Glacier White, would have been a no brainer then.