Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Color Choice

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 07:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Color Choice

So I'm a little conflicted choosing a colour for my 2018 Q5.

I want an easy maintenance color. Where I live we get a lot of rain. And realistically, can only get the car washed once a week or every other week.

My favourite color is Navarra Blue. Is it easy to care for?

Other choices are:
Utopia Blue
Florett Silver (My current car is in Florett though)
Monsoon Grey

Leaning more towards either blues.

Any advice appreciated.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by auditrinidad

I want an easy maintenance color. Where I live we get a lot of rain. And realistically, can only get the car washed once a week or every other week.

Other choices are:
Utopia Blue
Monsoon Grey

Any advice appreciated.
I have Navarra Blue. I haven't washed the car since I got it 2 months ago and it's still looking pretty good, though up close you can tell it needs a wash. I plan on going this weekend - thanks for the reminder.

Car is garage kept at night and parked in an outside lot during the day.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other choices are:
Utopia Blue
Monsoon Grey

Any advice appreciated.
Whichever color you choose what I find works pretty good is to apply a high quality coat of polish (preferably paste) to the paint services and wheels as soon as possible after delivery. This will shed/bubble the water best, and even dust doesn't adhere as much. My last few cars have been Silver, so this time have an Utopia Blue on order. Not as "dark" as most of the other choices, and a bit unique for a Q5. Most Q5s in my region seem to be a Gray, or Black. But dealers seem to be stocking a lot of White Q5s...maybe a summer thing.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTX
Whichever color you choose what I find works pretty good is to apply a high quality coat of polish (preferably paste) to the paint services and wheels as soon as possible after delivery. This will shed/bubble the water best, and even dust doesn't adhere as much. My last few cars have been Silver, so this time have an Utopia Blue on order. Not as "dark" as most of the other choices, and a bit unique for a Q5. Most Q5s in my region seem to be a Gray, or Black. But dealers seem to be stocking a lot of White Q5s...maybe a summer thing.
Or, if you are purchasing and planning to keep the car for a number of years, have a ceramic coating applied. Then you won't need to wax, and cleaning will be much easier. However, if you are leasing or only plan to drive the car for a few years just enjoy it and let the car wash do the job for you.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by paperbridge
I have Navarra Blue. I haven't washed the car since I got it 2 months ago and it's still looking pretty good, though up close you can tell it needs a wash. I plan on going this weekend - thanks for the reminder.

Car is garage kept at night and parked in an outside lot during the day.
That's good to know as my car is parked outside all day as well.

Originally Posted by TomTX
Trying the venture away from silver as well which is why Navarra & Utopia were my top 2 choices.

Originally Posted by Spaceframe
Or, if you are purchasing and planning to keep the car for a number of years, have a ceramic coating applied. Then you won't need to wax, and cleaning will be much easier. However, if you are leasing or only plan to drive the car for a few years just enjoy it and let the car wash do the job for you.
I don't tend to keep cars for much more than 3-4 years but, was definitely considering the ceramic coating. Was thinking straight to the professionals.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's good to know as my car is parked outside all day as well.

Trying the venture away from silver as well which is why Navarra & Utopia were my top 2 choices.

I don't tend to keep cars for much more than 3-4 years but, was definitely considering the ceramic coating. Was thinking straight to the professionals.
I know you don't have the azores green on your list, but you might want to consider it as well. Ours has gotten a lot of compliments
Old 08-24-2017, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

My other two vehicles are black... And while beautiful when clean, it's a lot of work.

This new 2018 was bought in white and I have less stress for it. Not as sexy, but I'm not having to micromanage swirling either
Old 08-24-2017, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Navarra Blue is beautiful, seriously get it. A few people tried to buy my car off the delivery room floor because it looked so damn nice. I wanted Azores Green, but Navarra Blue is better. Even when it's dirty the color pop I drove home through huge storm so it got dirty before hand washing it this afternoon.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot

Navarra Blue is beautiful, seriously get it. A few people tried to buy my car off the delivery room floor because it looked so damn nice. I wanted Azores Green, but Navarra Blue is better. Even when it's dirty the color pop I drove home through huge storm so it got dirty before hand washing it this afternoon.
I don't know I still think my azores green is perfect....and exceedingly rare.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by havery
I don't know I still think my azores green is perfect....and exceedingly rare.
You know what they say - The Azores is always greener...