Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

CN: HELLO ALL, MERRY CHRISTMAS , JUST SHOW THE GATEWAY WATER PROOF TREATMENT BY AUDI

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by spindlewood
What bothers me about this are all the people Audi has denied the fix to. To say "Audi will not offer a reimbursement program under this recall." adds insult to injury. If they have acknowledged a defect, shouldn't they be legally responsible for repairs that were made to fix it?
My guess is that this is all legal futzing around. At the end of the day folks who had the problem, documented the problem and then paid for a fix will be reimbursed. But they will be made to jump through some hoops. A shame you say? Yes. But that's the way the damn system works - aarrgghh!
The following users liked this post:
Harplayr (12-27-2021)
Old 12-26-2021, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 181 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by GeriatricSQ5Guy
I don't know the manufacturing date of my car (there's no sticker on the driver's door like I've read there's supposed to be), but I bought the car off the lot on Jan 5, 2021. It was the only SQ5 they had in stock.

How can I find the manufacturing date? I'm not really concerned with the gateway getting wet because nobody's ridden in the back seat since I bought it, and if they do in the future, they won't be drinking in the car.
The sticker on my '21 isn't on the door itself. It's way down low on the drivers side body frame below the door latch. I had to really look to find it.
Old 12-26-2021, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 341 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by ronsal
My guess is that this is all legal futzing around. At the end of the day folks who had the problem, documented the problem and then paid for a fix will be reimbursed. But they will be made to jump through some hoops. A shame you say? Yes. But that's the way the damn system works - aarrgghh!
I hope you're right, but I doubt it. To put it in writing in the recall notice absolves Audi of all responsibility for reimbursement. I don't think they will pay for previous replacements, whether damage came from the leaky, defective seam or from spilled liquids. EVERY single recall I have ever seen from any other manufacturer has specifically stated previous repairs related to the recall will be reimbursed. Why in the world is Audi saying no? Are they in serious financial trouble? Were there so many failures that it would cost Audi more than they can afford? Owners that have had the module fail and paid dearly for replacement will also get the recall notice and have their replacement modules bagged. They are not going to be happy customers when they find out the failure was not their fault.
Old 12-30-2021, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 327 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by GeriatricSQ5Guy
OK, thanks. That makes the issue even worse. But I've not gotten a recall on it.
I didn't get any mailed out recall, but when I logged into the myaudi website this morning, it shows:

Recall campaigns

Please contact an authorised Audi service company immediately.

Applicable recall campaign(s)

90S9 - A-RECALL - REPAIR NOT YET AVAILABLE - Gateway Control Module1

I suppose in Canada they cannot buy plastic baggies yet?
The following users liked this post:
Sandroad (12-30-2021)
Old 12-31-2021, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wires
I didn't get any mailed out recall, but when I logged into the myaudi website this morning, it shows:

Recall campaigns

Please contact an authorised Audi service company immediately.

Applicable recall campaign(s)

90S9 - A-RECALL - REPAIR NOT YET AVAILABLE - Gateway Control Module1

I suppose in Canada they cannot buy plastic baggies yet?
Interesting, I took my 2018 Q5 in for regular maintenance yesterday and they mentioned a recall was pending but not ready yet. He said it had to do with the OB control board thing which I asked if that was the little connector at the front of the vehicle (Where I'd connect my OB11 device) and he said yes. Clearly this is not the same thing?
Old 12-31-2021, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 327 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by pbcsd
Interesting, I took my 2018 Q5 in for regular maintenance yesterday and they mentioned a recall was pending but not ready yet. He said it had to do with the OB control board thing which I asked if that was the little connector at the front of the vehicle (Where I'd connect my OB11 device) and he said yes. Clearly this is not the same thing?
No clue. Ours is due for service in a couple weeks, so I'll have to ask then.