Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Check COMM Number?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nyctigers
I realize that. The dealers is asking for a deposit, and they don't accept credit cards, so I would be grateful if someone could check the updated timing on the Comm# provided to see if the dealer has been honest about timing of the vehicle.

Thanks
Ask for a screenshot of the dates - that's the best info a dealer has.

Also - if it's on the dealer's website it is either built or at the departure port (not sure which), if it has a price it's at the arrival port.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like many of you, I've been following my build along using the automated "My New Audi" emails and occasionally messaging the SA.
  1. About 2 weeks ago, I received the "Your Audi SQ5 is leaving Germany soon" (Production is complete) email.
  2. Today, I received the "Personalize your new Audi SQ5 before you even drive it home... While your custom-built SQ5 is in transit" email.
Does anyone know what status change triggers this automated email (E.g. Loaded on truck/train at San Jose Chiapa factory, loaded on a boat at Veracruz, etc.)? Thx!
Old 09-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by irage247
Like many of you, I've been following my build along using the automated "My New Audi" emails and occasionally messaging the SA.
  1. About 2 weeks ago, I received the "Your Audi SQ5 is leaving Germany soon" (Production is complete) email.
  2. Today, I received the "Personalize your new Audi SQ5 before you even drive it home... While your custom-built SQ5 is in transit" email.
Does anyone know what status change triggers this automated email (E.g. Loaded on truck/train at San Jose Chiapa factory, loaded on a boat at Veracruz, etc.)? Thx!
@irage, I think we may be on the exact same schedule. Today I received the same 'Personalize your new Audi Q5.' e-mail. On September 7 I received the production complete e-mail.

Curious where your SQ5 is going? I believe mine is headed to the San Diego port.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Garrett Gyssler
@irage, I think we may be on the exact same schedule. Today I received the same 'Personalize your new Audi Q5.' e-mail. On September 7 I received the production complete e-mail.

Curious where your SQ5 is going? I believe mine is headed to the San Diego port.
Our Q's can totally be best friends on the train to SD!

Based on your similar status, I'm guessing we were both in the factory staging yard for the past two weeks and finally made it on a Ferromex auto train within the past 24 hours. Let's hope we can make it through customs and port-installed accessories relatively quickly.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default TT RS Comm Number Check?

Hi ScarGuy,

Can you please check the status of COMM # NW7330?

Thank you very much for your service.

I received notice that it went into production on 9/6/2017, and wonder when it is scheduled to ship and how to track it?

Thank you.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

very busy month for me guys so have not had time to be on here. I will be travelling for a corporate thing next week, so perhaps one of the others can update COMM's

As always, your absolute first call, second call, third call, should be to your sales person, or their boss. You are buying the car from them, they should be the one to keep you posted. If they aren't, insist on it. If they still don't, by all means, post here......or just let me sell you the car instead
Old 10-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
very busy month for me guys so have not had time to be on here. I will be travelling for a corporate thing next week, so perhaps one of the others can update COMM's

As always, your absolute first call, second call, third call, should be to your sales person, or their boss. You are buying the car from them, they should be the one to keep you posted. If they aren't, insist on it. If they still don't, by all means, post here......or just let me sell you the car instead
HAHA!, are you anywhere near central PA? if so, I'll look you up the next time I buy. Seriously, why is it so hard to get information from Audi or their dealers. I ordered 6/29 and was told they were to tell people 3-4 month delivery but I could likely expect delivery late August. I waited till 8/22 to email my SA to ask for a report showing when the car was frozen, build ETAs, ship ETAs, etc. I waited 2 days and did not get a response so I forwarded the email back to the SA and copied the sales manager. I did get an immediate response from the SM with a detailed report of estimated milestones. Later that afternoon I got a simple response from the SA that the ETA was 9/14-10/12.

Not wanting to be "that customer" who keeps pestering, I waited till 9/26 to email the SA and ask for another update since the car was to be released to carrier 9/22. The only response I got back was that we were "getting close". I responded with a request for a more accurate status and still have not heard anything. Don't get me wrong, I was initially told 3-4 months and we are still in that window and I am not at all upset about the wait, I just feel that when spending this much money for a product it should be easier to get updates so I can plan for accessories, scheduling coating, etc.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by plumber212
HAHA!, are you anywhere near central PA? if so, I'll look you up the next time I buy. Seriously, why is it so hard to get information from Audi or their dealers. I ordered 6/29 and was told they were to tell people 3-4 month delivery but I could likely expect delivery late August. I waited till 8/22 to email my SA to ask for a report showing when the car was frozen, build ETAs, ship ETAs, etc. I waited 2 days and did not get a response so I forwarded the email back to the SA and copied the sales manager. I did get an immediate response from the SM with a detailed report of estimated milestones. Later that afternoon I got a simple response from the SA that the ETA was 9/14-10/12.

Not wanting to be "that customer" who keeps pestering, I waited till 9/26 to email the SA and ask for another update since the car was to be released to carrier 9/22. The only response I got back was that we were "getting close". I responded with a request for a more accurate status and still have not heard anything. Don't get me wrong, I was initially told 3-4 months and we are still in that window and I am not at all upset about the wait, I just feel that when spending this much money for a product it should be easier to get updates so I can plan for accessories, scheduling coating, etc.
I am an hour from Philly.....
Old 10-07-2017, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tcapoccia
Hi ScarGuy,

Can you please check the status of COMM # NW7330?

Thank you very much for your service.

I received notice that it went into production on 9/6/2017, and wonder when it is scheduled to ship and how to track it?

Thank you.
Here you goActual Production Week3917Assigned PortDavisville, RICurrent LocationFactoryRailheadCarrierOcean Shipping VesselHoldsNoOrder Created05/17/2017Factory Submitted06/17/2017Frozen to Changes08/30/2017Production Week3917Production Complete10/04/2017Ship Departure10/16/2017 (ETA)Domestic Port Arrived10/29/2017 (ETA)Released to Carrier10/31/2017 (ETA)Rail LoadRail UnloadTruck LoadDealer Delivery10/24/2017 - 11/13/2017 (ETA)
Old 10-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thank you ScarGuy...

Thank you ScarGuy...

Quick Reply: Check COMM Number?