Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Can I get a Q5 P+ Or Prestige without a sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2023, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can I get a Q5 P+ Or Prestige without a sunroof?

Greetings everyone.

I'm shopping for cars and the Q5 is very attractive.

I know many really enjoy the Panoramic Sunroof, but I would strongly prefer not to have one.

Does anybody know if it as possible to order a Q5 in the Premium+ or Prestige trims but WITHOUT the sunroof?

The online configuration does not allow it, so I suspect I'm out of luck. I asked at the local dealership but got a very vague response.

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-30-2023, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts

If you are in the USA no it is not possible but if you are in Europe I believe you can get higher trims without the sunroof
Old 12-30-2023, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toomanymc
If you are in the USA no it is not possible but if you are in Europe I believe you can get higher trims without the sunroof
Ah — thank you.

I am in the USA so I'm out of luck.
Old 12-30-2023, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 232 Posts

Back when I purchased my Q5, there was a sunroof delete option, but that was in 2018.
Old 12-31-2023, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I ordered my 2020 Q5 P+ I opted for the sunroof delete, which was still available as a no-cost option at the time. I, too, am not a fan of sunroofs. That said, it’s unfortunate that the delete option is no longer available in the U.S.
Old 12-31-2023, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 154 Likes on 105 Posts

When I ordered my 21SQ5 premium+ there was a sunroof delete option. Did you check the configurator?
Old 12-31-2023, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Hendoo
Ah — thank you.

I am in the USA so I'm out of luck.
One positive in getting the sunroof is the significant added resale value that comes with it. I didn't want a sunroof, but the cars on the lot all had them. The dealer told me that after 3 years, a P+ without sunroof usually sits on the lot for months and eventually is bought for $4K or $5K less than one with the sunroof. Something to think about.
Old 12-31-2023, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
The dealer told me that after 3 years, a P+ without sunroof usually sits on the lot for months and eventually is bought for $4K or $5K less than one with the sunroof. Something to think about.
I thought about it, your dealer is BSing you and you repeated the BS here.

Pano sunroofs are now a known potential problematic entity and not just Audi’s either.
On an older Q5 out of warranty not having a pano roof is advantageous to owners, sellers and buyers.
Reading this or any Audi (and other manufacturers) forums there is plenty of very real catastrophic pain caused by pano roofs.
If you have never had a problem that is great but you too could have a serious problem at anytime.
Never mind the additional 220 lbs overhead that makes the car handle like you have a large adult male attached to your roof.

At the end of the B8.5 Q5 run the delete pano roof option went away also.
Believe it has a lot to do with being done making cars with that run and not being caught with many extra pano roofs laying around that will not work with the new model.
Old 12-31-2023, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by rdA4WtQ5

Pano sunroofs are now a known potential problematic entity and not just Audi’s either.
On an older Q5 out of warranty not having a pano roof is advantageous to owners, sellers and buyers.
Reading this or any Audi (and other manufacturers) forums there is plenty of very real catastrophic pain caused by pano roofs.
If you have never had a problem that is great but you too could have a serious problem at anytime.
Never mind the additional 220 lbs overhead that makes the car handle like you have a large adult male attached to your roof.

Believe it has a lot to do with being done making cars with that run and not being caught with many extra pano roofs laying around that will not work with the new model.
Well, that's another way to look at it!
Old 12-31-2023, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rdA4WtQ5

I believe it has to do with the economies of having a lot of stuff standard, rather than customizable by buyers. It is my sense that in the US probably 95% or more of buyers want the glass roof (pano or otherwise). So much of the stuff I don't want and never use that is on most brands these days is based on the same idea. Also, I did repeat the dealer's exaggerated claims, but I never said I believed them. I do know that there are premiums on used cars (color is a big one) and suspect that nearly all buyers of used Q5' want a sunroof (pano or otherwise). I have only opened mine 3 or 4 times to show others, but most folks love them.
What's your source of the claim the pano roof adds 220 lbs. overhead - I'd like to check it out.

Quick Reply: Can I get a Q5 P+ Or Prestige without a sunroof?