Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Connect (who will pay)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman

Yes, but only 6GB for the entire 18 month term.
Are you sure it's not 6 GB per month?
Old 08-10-2018, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by cornelt
Wifi hot spot is included with the $499 for 18 months plan.
I did not subscribe to the DATA PLAN because I have no need for the Wifi hot spot.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Are you sure it's not 6 GB per month?
Yes, but I'm having trouble finding a source on the actual Audi site. First, that would be a hell of a lot of data per month, and second, this guy talked to somebody at Audi about it: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-.../#post24855651
Old 08-11-2018, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Did anyone else notice that if the data plan runs out the album covers for SiriusXM no longer display? My plan expired and the album covers no longer displayed. I didn't have the data plan for about a month. As soon as I renewed, the album covers came back.
I renewed Audi Connect but not the data plan and I still see album covers on SiriusXM, checked this morning.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Did anyone else notice that if the data plan runs out the album covers for SiriusXM no longer display? My plan expired and the album covers no longer displayed. I didn't have the data plan for about a month. As soon as I renewed, the album covers came back.
album art is a sirius feature, not related to Audi data
Old 08-11-2018, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patmurphey
I did the $499 for 18 months ending at the beginning of 2020. I might reconsider continuing when the predicted loss of Google Earth happens,if I no longer value the other features.The subscription cost was always part of the stated cost of purchase, if you can afford the car, you can likely afford $27 a month. I'm not interested in work arounds where I have the inconvenience of plugging in my phone whenever I drive.

BTW, I did not extend the ATT data program as I have zero need for a Wifi hotspot.
Yes I can afford it but it offers so little for $27 a month. It’s a personal choice n
Old 08-12-2018, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve let my free trial expire and don’t really miss it except for traffic. Does anyone know if you can use SiriusXM traffic data in our cars?
Old 08-12-2018, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 392 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by pchansen
I’ve let my free trial expire and don’t really miss it except for traffic. Does anyone know if you can use SiriusXM traffic data in our cars?
This post shows how. I believe you also have to have an existing subscription to SiriusXM - which I don't. I wish you could just pay the $4 / mo. and not the music.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I keep this feature the only thing I use it for is the MMI connect app. I really like the features it offers with remote lock/unlock, tracking, vehicle diag, etc.. I use and love android auto and honestly never find myself even using google earth. I really thought I'd use that all the time, but now if I switch to it, it's just as novelty thing. I might miss the stop light timers, that's an interesting feature I believe that comes down from that connection as well? Does Audi have a definitive list anywhere of all the features that are tied to this subscription? It seems vague.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 232 Posts

My dealer did it as well, the only issue is that he did not use my Gmail address. He used my comcast address and I can not send stuff to the google side of my navigation. If I want to change the email address I have to delete my audi connect account and start all over. I don't know why Audi will not let me change my email address without deleting my account. and creating a new one and then having to enter all the crap in my car.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect (who will pay)