Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Club North America

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Audi Club North America

Just wondering if anyone paid and join the group?

Thanks,
Old 07-31-2018, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yes, and enjoying the membership

Originally Posted by KaDeTime

Thanks,
Although I'm not a Q owner.......I joined in 2011. I've gotten discounts on 2 vehicle purchases and gone to numerous races with the AudiSport Experience. I've gone to events hosted by the Georgia, Florida, Carolina, and Texas chapters, and used the membership to get discounts on parts from vendors. And I've met some great folks and made some great friends.

I personally have found the membership to be worthwhile, even though there is very little club activity in my area and I have to travel a little to do things with other club chapters. However, if you don't use it obviously it will be of limited value. Hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NOLAessate
Although I'm not a Q owner.......I joined in 2011. I've gotten discounts on 2 vehicle purchases and gone to numerous races with the AudiSport Experience. I've gone to events hosted by the Georgia, Florida, Carolina, and Texas chapters, and used the membership to get discounts on parts from vendors. And I've met some great folks and made some great friends.

I personally have found the membership to be worthwhile, even though there is very little club activity in my area and I have to travel a little to do things with other club chapters. However, if you don't use it obviously it will be of limited value. Hope this helps.
thanks it helps, was wondering as the Ohio chapter look dead. last post from some time in 2017
Old 07-31-2018, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 885 Likes on 724 Posts

I have been a member since 2004
Old 07-31-2018, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been a member since 2013 when I got my first Audi. I really enjoy their e-mails, newsletters & magazine (which list all the dealers that give ACNA discounts on parts / service).
I put my newly licensed 16 year old grandson through the Chicagoland chapter's teen driving clinic. Fantastic course. I've been through several high performance driving programs & the curriculum was very similar - just toned down a little,
Short answer - ACNA membership is definitely worth it, even if you don't go to all the chapter activities.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
I've been a member since 2013 when I got my first Audi. I really enjoy their e-mails, newsletters & magazine (which list all the dealers that give ACNA discounts on parts / service).
I put my newly licensed 16 year old grandson through the Chicagoland chapter's teen driving clinic. Fantastic course. I've been through several high performance driving programs & the curriculum was very similar - just toned down a little,
Short answer - ACNA membership is definitely worth it, even if you don't go to all the chapter activities.
super thanks
Old 07-31-2018, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by KaDeTime

Thanks,
I've been in the club since the late '70s -- or whatever their founding date was. I have always assumed that anyone who got as far as participating in either AudiWorld or QuattroWorld was a member (just becasue it seems that if you're attracted to AW, you would be a natural for a national Audi Club). It was through the club that I've gone to Ingolstadt and Seefeld (Austria) for four driving classes. I don't even know how else it would be possible to do such a thing. And, BTW, the Audi winter driving classes that happen every January or February are -- for the faithful -- a "right of passage."

Furthermore, we've purchased four Audis using the "club discount" -- I typically renew our membership for two-years at a time. If you are an Audi loyalist, I would recommend it highly. If you're not an Audi loyalist and you're thinking of a new Audi purchase at least 181 days in the future, you should join as a matter of securing your off MSRP discount. Yes, it is possible to get the Audi % off of your MSRP (without being a member, but it is not a certainty), but, my dealer explains that when there is an Audi Club member discount that Audi of America helps with the discount financially. That the mfgr is supportive speaks volumes -- of course, to be a bit pecuniary, the value is certainly at least one of "marketing" for AoA. But, I'm sure the club fosters "fellowship" and helps build brand loyalty.

I don't recall the current number, but I believe there are well over 5,000 members.

The cost of the membership is a nit, the publication -- the Quattro Quarterly -- is a wealth of knowledge and you'll also learn about club activities all over the US. And, the trip to Munich, Ingolstadt, and Seefeld with other club members is the stuff of "bucket lists."

Last edited by markcincinnati; 07-31-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long time ACNA member here too.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
...The cost of the membership is a nit...
Is the "nit" a secret?

Old 07-31-2018, 12:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for this thread. I notice that my Audi dealer (Audi Silver Spring) is the participating dealer in the Washington DC area. This will make things easier when I pull the trigger on a 2019 Q5 soon.

Just joined.

Quick Reply: Audi Club North America