Old 12-20-2021, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My iPhone8 disconnects sometimes 3 times an hour. Very Very annoying
Old 01-12-2022, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have the same issue

I bought an Audi q3 one month ago . Since last week carplay ( wireless) was working perfectly but now I have continuous disconnections and black screens . On Friday I will visit the dealership to find a solution.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

[QUOTE=Amedeo86;25668762]I bought an Audi q3 one month ago . Since last week carplay ( wireless) was working perfectly but now I have continuous disconnections and black screens . On Friday I will visit the dealership to find a solution.[/QUOT
Same thing was happening to me with disconnects and black screen. Think it is mostly with older iphones as both my kids iphone 12s work fine while my X glitched. I did totally erase my phone from carplay and then reinstall and so far so good after that.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts

I have noticed with IOS 15 that my phone(11Pro Max) keeps duplicating my CarPlay connection. Deleting the duplicate CarPlay profile in my phone settings resolves the disconnects until it duplicates again. I did not have this issue prior to IOS 15.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

What is interesting that I have found that disconnecting has a place in specific places during driving. I don`t know maybe it is related with cellular network, maybe car/phone change frequency and there is some internal issue with wireless Carplay connection.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have no Nav system in the Q5 and thus only the basic free AudiConnect service. Following instructions from DirkM about resetting the system to connect with Bluetooth and not connecting to MMI Wifi has solved 90% of my issues.
Ive found it connects much faster and I dont have nearly as many dropouts
Old 05-19-2022, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2021 Q5 with Carplay

We have a 2021 Q5 with CarPlay and iPhone 12 Pro’s and the latest iOS. It’s not an issue with Carplay or our iPhones. As there weren’t issues in my BMW. The issue seems to be that Audi’s connection to the phone drops. It doesn’t matter if the phone is on the charging tray or right next to the MMI. It randomly cuts out out and the screen jumps to the Audi interface. It always happens on longer 2-3 hour road trips and is endlessly frustrating. Sometimes you can select the device and reconnect, most of the time it won’t reconnect and just goes black or stays with the Audi interface. If I pull over and restart the car 1-2 times, I can connect again. Audi support has really sucked as the dealership just says, “it didn’t happen to us.” We have deleted phones and re-added them and deleted the whole profile and started over and it continues to happen.

Audi needs to own up and fix the issue. It’s either a software glitch or a hardware issue that glitches the connection. This isn’t happening on all Audi’s though as I drive a Q7 on a road trip without incident.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by schrowa
We have a 2021 Q5 with CarPlay and iPhone 12 Pro’s and the latest iOS. It’s not an issue with Carplay or our iPhones. As there weren’t issues in my BMW. The issue seems to be that Audi’s connection to the phone drops. It doesn’t matter if the phone is on the charging tray or right next to the MMI. It randomly cuts out out and the screen jumps to the Audi interface. It always happens on longer 2-3 hour road trips and is endlessly frustrating. Sometimes you can select the device and reconnect, most of the time it won’t reconnect and just goes black or stays with the Audi interface. If I pull over and restart the car 1-2 times, I can connect again. Audi support has really sucked as the dealership just says, “it didn’t happen to us.” We have deleted phones and re-added them and deleted the whole profile and started over and it continues to happen.

Audi needs to own up and fix the issue. It’s either a software glitch or a hardware issue that glitches the connection. This isn’t happening on all Audi’s though as I drive a Q7 on a road trip without incident.
are you connected to the Audi WiFi or just Bluetooth?
Old 05-20-2022, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me add my two cents to the topic.

I own 2021 Q7. I constantly had issues with Apple CarPlay with my iPhone 8 and my wife's iPhone X - lost connections, black screen, freezes. A few weeks ago I changed my phone to iPhone 13 Pro and so far I haven't experienced those problems again. So in my case it looks like a hardware issue, since I always uses the latest version of iOS on all devices.
Old 05-20-2022, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...09408-0001.pdf

Audi is saying its an Apple problem.

Quick Reply: Apple Carplay Disconnects Phone