Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 SQ5 options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 SQ5 options?

I know it's early yet, but has anyone heard anything about the options for the 2019 SQ5? I was hoping they'd bring back the white/black two tone interior option and the black optics package. I have also heard rumors they are adding another engine to the lineup, but am not sure how valid that is. Also, what about a heated flat bottom steering wheel or ventilated seats with the diamond stitching?
Old 09-12-2017, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

I too am looking for options for the 2019 Q5 vs. the SQ5. We are replacing my wife's 2010 Q5 Prestige, and she loves the heated and cooled cup holders, which I see you can get in Canada right now, but can't get them on US model cars. She would also love the diamond stitching on the seats.

I imagine it will be sometime in the Spring when this is announced, but it would be nice to get a S-Line Q5 in the states. The salesman says what he's supposed to say "they don't tell us anything, we don't know".....

;-)
Old 09-12-2017, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If we're making a wishlist, put me down for:
1. Sport exhaust option that removes the garbage fake tips!
2. Massage for the diamond seats like S4/S5
​​​​​​​3. Black optics
Old 09-12-2017, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by m2497
I know it's early yet, but has anyone heard anything about the options for the 2019 SQ5? I was hoping they'd bring back the white/black two tone interior option and the black optics package. I have also heard rumors they are adding another engine to the lineup, but am not sure how valid that is. Also, what about a heated flat bottom steering wheel or ventilated seats with the diamond stitching?
Unless Audi releases a special Audi Exclusive edition, don't count on the interior color options changing for a minor MY update. Black Optics should make an appearance, as is standard course.

No flat bottom wheel with heating is in the cards, same for ventilation of the diamond stitched seats. I would really like for both of these to eventually come through, but not yet.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like they will change something in the VC to support google earth (or a replacement) beyond Dec 2020. I'm also guessing that Black Optics package will show up. In addition, you can add a +1 from me on the exhaust option. It would be nice to see at least a performance upgrade option for the SQ5 like the GLC 43 offers with button activated baffles.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Fully expecting nothing too different, but I wtill wonder when we will have details on the 2019s. I know they won't be available until summertime, but we should have some info before then.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:20 AM
CGO
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2019 SQ5

Originally Posted by foxonwheels
If we're making a wishlist, put me down for:
1. Sport exhaust option that removes the garbage fake tips!
2. Massage for the diamond seats like S4/S5
3. Black optics
Yes to real exhaust tips and black optics. Also, I would use run-flat tires and get rid of the junk below the cargo floor and replace it with a sizeable under floor bin. (In almost 50 years of driving I've never had a flat tire. In the last 45 years of driving my wife has had 1.)
Old 03-24-2018, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

If you are after black optics than try quoting the PR code for it - 4ZD "Titanium black styling package - adds black highlights around the Audi singleframe, the trim strips on the side windows and the bumpers, front and rear. Includes exterior mirrors in black."
This is a RoW option, so same factory you should think they would be capable for special orders with your Audi USA or what ever.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really would like to see massaging seats. Got my wife an S5 SB this evening, I love those seats.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Anyone know about exterior colors? If I can get Manhattan on an SQ5, I’d be all about it.

Quick Reply: 2019 SQ5 options?