Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 SQ5 order delayed

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cakasky
It is odd and is very very frustrating!

I didn't think my order was special...but what do I know.

Here is what I ordered...

2018 Q5 2.0T Quattro S-Tronic (FYB5NY)
Prestige Model (WPT)
Color: Manhattan Gray Metallic (H1H1)
Leather: Nougat Brown (Includes Black Headliner) (ZK)
Inlays: Gray Oak High-Gloss (5MT)
Wheels: 20” 5 Segment Spoke 255/45 All Season Tires

Packages:
Cold Weather Package (PAW)
Warm Weather Package (PS8)
Driver Assistance Package (PCU)
Adaptive Damping Suspension (1BL)
Rear side airbags (4X4)

The dealership is as-much in the dark as I am.
The only difference between yours and mine is the outside paint (mine is Utopia Blue), the inlays (the Walnut), and I didnt have the Cold Weather or Rear side airbags. None of those should be an issue. My production week was 2 weeks before yours and was built 7/29, made it to port (San Diego CA) 8/15 and to the dealer on 8/29. I must have just missed the wheel shortage. My car was hung up at port for almost 2 weeks. I hope your car gets completed soon.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ifeldman
The only difference between yours and mine is the outside paint (mine is Utopia Blue), the inlays (the Walnut), and I didnt have the Cold Weather or Rear side airbags. None of those should be an issue. My production week was 2 weeks before yours and was built 7/29, made it to port (San Diego CA) 8/15 and to the dealer on 8/29. I must have just missed the wheel shortage. My car was hung up at port for almost 2 weeks. I hope your car gets completed soon.
Thank you and thank you to all. The issue is with Audi AG and we simply do not have contact points for them. At least I don't. If anyone does though, "sharing is caring"!
Old 09-22-2017, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you and thank you to all. The issue is with Audi AG and we simply do not have contact points for them. At least I don't. If anyone does though, "sharing is caring"!
You can try the Audi Customer Experience forum over on Audizine. I was able to get more information quickly from their rep over there.

Most of the information I got was the same as you. Just a wheel shortage and other cars stuck on the line.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Personally I do not think its a wheel / tire issue holding up a line. Mine was ordered 6/12, has the same wheels and has been built. Could it be another style wheel holding the line? perhaps but they would not start a car on the line without all components in place. We know it's not the DAP, cold weather, grey oak inlays holding it up since cars have been coming with those options. Could Cakasky's build have been damaged on the line that they had to start over?
Old 09-22-2017, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by robfarmer
You can try the Audi Customer Experience forum over on Audizine. I was able to get more information quickly from their rep over there.

Most of the information I got was the same as you. Just a wheel shortage and other cars stuck on the line.
Great advice! I am going to head over there now.

Originally Posted by plumber212
Personally I do not think its a wheel / tire issue holding up a line. Mine was ordered 6/12, has the same wheels and has been built. Could it be another style wheel holding the line? perhaps but they would not start a car on the line without all components in place. We know it's not the DAP, cold weather, grey oak inlays holding it up since cars have been coming with those options. Could Cakasky's build have been damaged on the line that they had to start over?
From what I was told there are multiple lines at the factory. Mine is on one they stopped "due to a wheel shortage". I agree it just doesn't make sense as other vehicles are obviously being built and pushed through. I asked my SA that exact question about it being damaged on the line and they had to start over. His response, "Nothing has moved. I've never heard of a single car not passed an inspection in almost 6 years." So I am not 100% certain. Note: The context is in regards to that specific line because there is an SQ5 ahead of mine on that same line for the same dealer.

Yesterdays update is nearly all red at this point.

Old 09-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My Dealer Delivery has a smaller window of 09/22/2017 - 10/05/2017. They must be dropping cars off in Columbus before Cleveland.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had a week 31 SQ5 P+ build that showed up on dealer site today finally! Should have the car first week in October.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Fwliw, my SQ5 order:
-- ordered 5/23
-- original assigned "Production Week 3017"
-- 9/1 email "Your Audi SQ5 is scheduled to be built."
-- actual "Production Complete 09/08/2017"
-- 9/9 appeared on dealer website with VIN, no MSRP or inventory #
-- 9/9 email "Your Audi SQ5 is leaving Germany soon...The production of your Audi SQ5 is complete. Your vehicle is now on its way to its foreign port, where it will start its journey to the United States. "
-- 9/22 dealer email: "Vehicle Status In Transit From Factory" still; no ship/date for leaving Mexico has yet been assigned; they'll notify me when assigned
-- No changes to dealer website expected until it arrives at port Houston for land transport to Denver
Old 09-23-2017, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Thad49
Fwliw, my SQ5 order:
-- ordered 5/23
-- original assigned "Production Week 3017"
-- 9/1 email "Your Audi SQ5 is scheduled to be built."
-- actual "Production Complete 09/08/2017"
-- 9/9 appeared on dealer website with VIN, no MSRP or inventory #
-- 9/9 email "Your Audi SQ5 is leaving Germany soon...The production of your Audi SQ5 is complete. Your vehicle is now on its way to its foreign port, where it will start its journey to the United States. "
-- 9/22 dealer email: "Vehicle Status In Transit From Factory" still; no ship/date for leaving Mexico has yet been assigned; they'll notify me when assigned
-- No changes to dealer website expected until it arrives at port Houston for land transport to Denver
Wow, delays, delays, and more delays.

-- ordered Q5 Prestige 5/23
-- original assigned "Production Week 3117"
-- No updates other than a bunch of Red ETA dates
-- No update on the Dealer website
Old 09-27-2017, 01:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, delays, delays, and more delays.

-- ordered Q5 Prestige 5/23
-- original assigned "Production Week 3117"
-- No updates other than a bunch of Red ETA dates
-- No update on the Dealer website
Mine showed up on the dealer site a month ago and still isn’t to Houston. Probably will miss out on the $1500 Mfg discount too

Quick Reply: 2018 SQ5 order delayed