Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

X or Y? Which Audi Q5 2.0 should I go with?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hmn4858
If it's something you're going to keep past the originally warranty then financially it makes sense. My concern would be who owned the car previous. If it was a private owner or maybe the dealer's wife drove it for a few months then I wouldn't be too concerned about it. However, if it was a service vehicle, I wouldn't touch it.
The salesman used it for 3 months while he was waiting for his car to come in which was late of course.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hmn4858
If it's something you're going to keep past the originally warranty then financially it makes sense. My concern would be who owned the car previous. If it was a private owner or maybe the dealer's wife drove it for a few months then I wouldn't be too concerned about it. However, if it was a service vehicle, I wouldn't touch it.
Not sure why you say a Loaner car is not a good option. Loaner cars are typically maintained by Audi and am sure they take good care and use the right fuel and oil for these unlike private owners who may risk using lower grade fuel? Don't you think?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberdentist
Not sure why you say a Loaner car is not a good option. Loaner cars are typically maintained by Audi and am sure they take good care and use the right fuel and oil for these unlike private owners who may risk using lower grade fuel? Don't you think?
Because people tend to beat the hell out of loaners.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2824813
Old 04-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HotRodW
Because people tend to beat the hell out of loaners.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2824813
It cannot be true for all loaners. If the loaner only has 7k miles, should I be concerned? After all CPO warranty and audicare should play a role as well. Also, i wouldn't trust lease cars as i cannot trust owners using the right fuel or oil, but since this is maintained by Audi, don't they maintain the loaners like they would any other car.

Should I be concerned or not be bothered because the warranty extends until Oct 2017 (factory warranty until 2015 Oct). This also has Audi care so everything should be covered for the first 45k miles at least?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It cannot be true for all loaners. If the loaner only has 7k miles, should I be concerned? After all CPO warranty and audicare should play a role as well. Also, i wouldn't trust lease cars as i cannot trust owners using the right fuel or oil, but since this is maintained by Audi, don't they maintain the loaners like they would any other car.

Should I be concerned or not be bothered because the warranty extends until Oct 2017 (factory warranty until 2015 Oct). This also has Audi care so everything should be covered for the first 45k miles at least?
The last car I was given when I had my Audi serviced was beaten to hell and back and that was just the exterior. I can't remember the exact mileage but it was only a couple of thou and was an Audi. No way in hell would I buy it. Someone driving a loaner isn't going to break it in. When I put gas in it I put the correct octane but that doesn't mean anyone else borrowing it did the same. I agree with lease owners not treating it any better they have no vested interest besides it running for the term of the lease. I don't know how long a dealer keeps a vehicle in service but I wouldn't thnk they'd let too many miles rack up.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

It's not that Audi didn't take care of the car, it's that customers tend to treat loaners like rentals. Have you ever treated a rental in a manner in which you wouldn't treat your own car? Jackrabbit starts to see what she's got? Catch a little air over speed bumps? I mean, chances are you'll be fine, but it is something to consider.