Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

WTB: 20" "Peelers"

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 PM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Obviously personal opinion, but as someone that has gone reps in the past I would tell you to keep an eye out for an OEM set. My experience has been that the offset in addition to how much the wheel is 'concave' (on the face) is different for the reps and the OEM wheels just seem to look better to my eye (to me the reps have a more 'flat face'). I should probably dig up a pic of the reps I had previously on my '09 Q5 for reference.

I may be selling one of my sets of 20" peelers (just picked up a set of 21" S8 wheels that I've been patiently searching for) if you're interested. Just have to make up my mind.

-tgt

Originally Posted by koobah
Just get reps. OE will cost chunk unless they're beat up, bent, etc.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Titanium 20" peelers on an SQ5 as winter wheels?

Yup, that's exactly what I did. I'm the one who bought Mark P's titanium peelers that came off his S-line TDI

Had a set of Blizzak DM-V1 mounted yesterday, but going to hold off from putting them on the car until absolutely necessary (probably not until there's legitimate forecast for wintery conditions) because I'm loving the look of the 21" stock wheels so much that I want to keep them on a while longer. Though I have a feeling these 20" titanium peelers are gonna make some bad *** looking winter shoes on the SQ5.
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2013, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV

Yup, that's exactly what I did. I'm the one who bought Mark P's titanium peelers that came off his S-line TDI

Had a set of Blizzak DM-V1 mounted yesterday, but going to hold off from putting them on the car until absolutely necessary (probably not until there's legitimate forecast for wintery conditions) because I'm loving the look of the 21" stock wheels so much that I want to keep them on a while longer. Though I have a feeling these 20" titanium peelers are gonna make some bad *** looking winter shoes on the SQ5.
They look great off the car, certainly they will look great on! Nothing better than a real AWD vehicle with real winter tires. That's going to be a blast
Old 10-24-2013, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20" Titanium Peelers

Originally Posted by tgt
Obviously personal opinion, but as someone that has gone reps in the past I would tell you to keep an eye out for an OEM set. My experience has been that the offset in addition to how much the wheel is 'concave' (on the face) is different for the reps and the OEM wheels just seem to look better to my eye (to me the reps have a more 'flat face'). I should probably dig up a pic of the reps I had previously on my '09 Q5 for reference.

I may be selling one of my sets of 20" peelers (just picked up a set of 21" S8 wheels that I've been patiently searching for) if you're interested. Just have to make up my mind.

-tgt
Did you decide if you want to sell your peelers?
Old 10-25-2013, 02:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by schabd1
Already called dibs.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:24 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I will not know for certain for a couple of weeks (pending how the 21" wheel I just received fits, etc. with tires). I have had a number of people contact me and have a list started of folks that would have interest....

Thanks,
tgt

Originally Posted by schabd1
Old 10-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by larryV

What size tires did you get put on these?
Old 10-26-2013, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by coltranes
What size tires did you get put on these?
stock 255/45 size... narrower would've been more appropriate for winter but at the expense of rim protection
Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I would trade my 21" SQ5 rims for a set of the 20" SQ5 rims in a minute - straight up.

My car has 500 miles on it!

Denver area. PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by station2station
I would trade my 21" SQ5 rims for a set of the 20" SQ5 rims in a minute - straight up.
Mind if I ask why?

Quick Reply: WTB: 20" "Peelers"