Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Will I regret not getting B&O??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will I regret not getting B&O??

I really wanted to have the B&O in my Q5, but the dealer told me if I wanted B&O i would have to special order & wait 3 months....is that alot of difference between the standard system & the B&O??
Old 09-11-2009, 09:59 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by C32andy
I really wanted to have the B&O in my Q5, but the dealer told me if I wanted B&O i would have to special order & wait 3 months....is that alot of difference between the standard system & the B&O??
The best way to know is to try it for yourself. Your dealer should have some A4's on the lot with and without B&O, the sound reproduction should be identical to the Q5 because it's excatly the same system with identical wattage and speaker layout.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by C32andy
The B&O system in the Q5 is nothing like the B&O in the A8, of course we are talking a few hundred dollar compare to a few thousand dollars for the sound systems. Personally, I was not impress by the B&O in the Q5. The OEM one sounds pretty close to the B&O.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
The B&O system in the Q5 is nothing like the B&O in the A8, of course we are talking a few hundred dollar compare to a few thousand dollars for the sound systems. Personally, I was not impress by the B&O in the Q5. The OEM one sounds pretty close to the B&O.
I totally agree!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just think of the interest and property taxes you'll save by waiting 3 extra months - go for it!

I agree with DrV - see if you can do an A/B comparison. Or just listen to the non-B&O with the type of music you regularly listen to and if that works for you, go for that. Just make sure you don't ride in another Q5 that has the B&O and you'll be all set.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How much time do you spend in your vehicle now? How loud do you listen to your music? I personally could not justify the cost. The stock system sounds great.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks for the suggestions guys!! I will go this weekend to try out both the stock system & B&O system
Old 09-11-2009, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Really depends on the type of music you are listening too. I have B&O right now and it sounds about the same if you're listening to rap/hip hop music but if your listening rock or something that has less of a beat it's much better.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by qsuv
Really depends on the type of music you are listening too. I have B&O right now and it sounds about the same if you're listening to rap/hip hop music but if your listening rock or something that has less of a beat it's much better.
I have the stock system and I think it's better than the Bose System at my maxed-out 08 Infiniti G35.

Bring a CD with music you know well and crank it up at the dealer's. Frankly, the stock does it for me.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by thingstopay@gmail.com
I have the stock system and I think it's better than the Bose System at my maxed-out 08 Infiniti G35.

Bring a CD with music you know well and crank it up at the dealer's. Frankly, the stock does it for me.
I agree the stock system is better than most stock audio systems out there. I just listen to a lot of music when I drive so I opted for the B&O.

Quick Reply: Will I regret not getting B&O??