Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Where to buy Armour All Wheel Protectant?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_aip
Took my daughter across the border last week to do some shopping in Bellingham, WA., which is only an hours' drive from our place.
Bought 6 cans of these Armor-All at Target: $5.99 each!
Filled up full tank of premium gas before heading back - USD$70 which is now worth CAD$67.50.
Go figure!

Ben, have you used the Armor All protectant on your Rims before ...

They say rims must be Dry & clean ...
My Question is ... do you have to buff the Rims after they have dried...

Let me know
Thanks BCD-1
Old 04-05-2011, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No
Old 04-05-2011, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I just picked up my first bottle of the Armor All this weekend at Pep Boys. I have to say the wheels are holding up a lot better than without the Armor All. I washed the car on Saturday and applied the armor all and let it sit overnight. I think the longer you keep your car parked after applying the better it will work. But it's Tuesday and the wheels still look very good. It is raining today so we'll see if that washes it off, but so far I am impressed and happy. The wheels got dirty so fast it was really bothering me.

Good luck.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
No
Thank you

BCD-1
Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BCD-1
Ben, have you used the Armor All protectant on your Rims before ...

They say rims must be Dry & clean ...
My Question is ... do you have to buff the Rims after they have dried...

Let me know
Thanks BCD-1
Hi BCD. Yes I've gone through at least 7 to 8 cans of these in the last 1 year or so. Thru trial & errors, this is what I do now, so as not to waste the product:
You do have to wash the rims real clean and free from road grease. Then dry it completely. I use a leave blower for that purpose, do you believe! Then dry it with a lint free or microfiber cloth. Spray on a light coat of ArmorAll. Let it dry for at leat 1 hour, then spray on a 2nd coat, also lightly. I've noticed the best result is to do this in the evening, leave it overnite in the garage, not driving it. If you have to, allow at least 2 hours after applications before drivng out.
In my opinion, esp with the sort of rainfall in this part of Canada, doing it properly albeit time consuming, your rims stay clean much longer, EVEN IN THE RAIN!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by palumbo3284
On a semi-related side note...tried some Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel cleaner yesterday...worked beautifully. Highly recommended. Sprayed on, let sit for 15 seconds, rinsed off, wheels are gleaming.

It won't replace my hand washing when washing the car, but excellent in-between product to keep those rims cleaned up.
I'll second this. I just tried Hot Rims last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I had a whole winter's worth of dust and it cut through most of it. I did have to scrub in the corners and a few stubborn specs, but overall very pleased.