Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Where to buy Armour All Wheel Protectant?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Where to buy Armour All Wheel Protectant?

I have been looking to buy a can of Armour All Wheel Protectant, that so many people have been raving about, and have been to many auto parts stores (NE NJ) and not a can to be found. Any online places?

Bob

Last edited by bob m; 07-26-2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-26-2010, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a can from Amazon, it works extremely well.

http://www.amazon.com/Armor-All-Whee.../dp/B003T01CHI
Old 07-26-2010, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob m
I have been looking to buy a can of Armour All Wheel Protectant, that so many people have been raving about, and have been to many auto parts stores (NE NJ) and not a can to be found. Any online places?

Bob
I've bought these before at Walmart in the US. Also seen it in our local Walmart Canada, but costs 3 time more than in the US!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Target has it, not sure if you have one nearby. I bought it there for 7.99 and there's a rebate if you buy a second armorall product. you basically get the wheel protectant for free. I bought some armorall leather wipes for like 3.99 as the second product...
Old 07-26-2010, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi all....first post from a very low profile member.

I wouldn't fall for this stuff. No personal experience with it, but based on MANY years of frustration with VAG brake dust, waxing wheels...applying sealant to wheels, blah, blah...the best solution is a car wash soap and water mixture regularly.

Quite sure I am going to be a mental patient when our Q5 arrives next week.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dbkuhn
I wouldn't fall for this stuff. No personal experience with it
With all due respect, that's like criticizing a movie you haven't seen. I have used this product, and it probably cuts the brake dust at least in half. The tricky part is applying it evenly, because the spots you miss get dirty well before the spots you hit--but that's how you know it works.

I got mine at my local O'Reilly/Murray's auto parts. $7.99 there too.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by redherring
With all due respect, that's like criticizing a movie you haven't seen. I have used this product, and it probably cuts the brake dust at least in half. The tricky part is applying it evenly, because the spots you miss get dirty well before the spots you hit--but that's how you know it works.

Got to agree with you - I would not knock it before I tried it. Every Audi I have owned I ended up replacing the OEM pads with those that had less dust as the long term fix. Not sure we have that many options yet for the Q5.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1, got mine at Walmart.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

I've only used it once but I agree with this assessment. It prob cuts it down by somewhere around 40-50%. And you definately can notice the spots that you missed right away, the dust clings to those spots, whereas the other areas look glossier and cleaner.

One thing I'm not sure I agree with is the overall time of protection though. The bottle says it works for a month. Perhaps this is so, but the protection was more noticeable for me the first 2 weeks than the second 2. But again I've only used it the one time so take that for what it's worth.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Since I wash my car at least once a week, I'm not too concerned with brake dust.

Go get yourselves a bottle of Sonax wheel cleaner. Spray on, hose off, works that well and takes about 5 minutes.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Armour All Wheel Protectant?