Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

What did you drive before the Q5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cabo de Hornos
We ordered our MY11 from the factory order bank via dealer swap on about the same day 5/3 or 5/4. It should be in port (Georgia) next Monday, and at dealer within a week of that I should think. It should be one of the last MY11 shipments (and sans camera, sigh), with perhaps two or three more at most hitting the east coast before the end of June. After that, I should think the 12s will be arriving. Some other named vessels aside from the usual bunch are in the queue (pun intended) for pickups at Bremerhaven and heading stateside, e.g., Elektra as we speak, so maybe that's significant, or maybe the other guys are catching some zzzzzzs for while. Just my educated guess.
Thanks!! I will keep my fingers crossed that there are no zzz's and that the 12's will be on their way soon...
Old 06-16-2011, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Surprise!!!

Paraphrasing my post on the Backup Camera thread, our MY11 is at port as of this past Monday!!!

I've been tracking the wrong vessel!! Integrity left Bremerhaven one or two days before Fidelio and she must have had enough room for ours (hope it didn't get squeezed up against the RORO ramp), in spite of the readout on the status screen

Anyway, Fidelio is in NYC today and should reach Baltimore Saturday, and then Brunswick on Monday before hitting Charleston Tuesday, so as I said there can't be but one or two more shipments of 11s in my view.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Flash!!!

This is too weird to be true. Our salesman just called me to advise that our Q5 has arrived at their dealership!! Audi didn't even tell them it was in transit (nothing new based on prior conversations I've had with him), but this is quite funny.

We might even be wheels up on Saturday. My, my my. I told him I would get back with him. Need to collect my "Q"s that need answering.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

2002 MB ML320 7 passenger, kids in College so we could move to the Q5. Love the 2.0T and the fuel savings.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nissan XTerra. Its my last week with it before I go pick up my very first Audi.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

over here I was driving a beat-up Saturn '94 SW2 Wagon, so the Q was a maaajor upgrade and also my very first 'new' car! now 1.5yrs in still loving it every single day.
back in europe I had a '90 BMW 320i wagon and then a '97 Seat Ibiza 1.6
Old 06-18-2011, 03:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Was very happy to no longer be driving my 2007 Civic EX Sedan. Been loving the Q5 for a month now. Can't ever go back... :-)
Old 06-18-2011, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by solucien
over here I was driving a beat-up Saturn '94 SW2 Wagon, so the Q was a maaajor upgrade and also my very first 'new' car! now 1.5yrs in still loving it every single day.
back in europe I had a '90 BMW 320i wagon and then a '97 Seat Ibiza 1.6
That's awesome and so glad you love the Q5! I have been driving my husband's huge trucks for the last 5 years and my car before that was a Toyota Matrix...so it's a HUGE upgrade for me too! Can't wait!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I traded my 2006 Honda Civic EX for my 2011 Q5 2.0T Ibis White/Black Interior. I've been driving it for 3 weeks, just hit 1,000 miles. Took it out on the MassPike today and man does it fly! Absolutely love it!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cabo de Hornos
This is too weird to be true. Our salesman just called me to advise that our Q5 has arrived at their dealership!! Audi didn't even tell them it was in transit (nothing new based on prior conversations I've had with him), but this is quite funny.

We might even be wheels up on Saturday. My, my my. I told him I would get back with him. Need to collect my "Q"s that need answering.
It's true, it's true.....our baby has arrived! Picked up earlier this afternoon and got her home before the rains came. Promise I'll have some pics when I get my new camera's software loaded on my PC.

We're very, very pleased with the delivery sendoff we received to day from our dealer here. Lots of questions were answered unhesitatingly (I went through lots of startup routines, BB synched nicely, took it out for a spin....no rattles, strange noises or the like. Rides very, very nicely. Full tank of gas. Asked about a dipstick to supplement the MMI, but they are not available for the 2.0, as best I know. (I gave the part number and they confirmed it was for the 3.2 only). We did test out the MMI indicator to see how it works.

Even got a few goodies....choice of Silver or Red Audi Rings on my black cap (chose Red...Roll Tide!!!), choice of 2 teardrop style or pull-apart silver key rings (chose the latter) to separate other keys from the car key, and a nice silver Audi pen, all in a nice logo gift box. Our salesman originally gave me the Porsche set by mistake as he had another delivery coming up in the other part of the building, but I laughed and told him it's probably about as close as we'll get to owning one.

(Ooooh the R8s look really nice, as do the Panameras).

The Meteor Grey (a very rich-looking shade) and the Cinnamon Brown seats with the black headliner we chose are just what we hoped for. B&O is awesome. Soooooo worth the wait, which at just over 6 weeks (45 days actually) turned out to be two weeks shorter than anticipated.

May all of you have similar rollouts, and may all your potholes be shallow ones!!!

Quick Reply: What did you drive before the Q5?