Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

What’s with the 2023 Q5e tax credit ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What’s with the 2023 Q5e tax credit ?

All the websites posted about 2022 Q5e but none shows about 2023 model , so does it still get tax credit or no ?
Old 08-24-2022, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by anil111
All the websites posted about 2022 Q5e but none shows about 2023 model , so does it still get tax credit or no ?
Try the B9 forum. This is the B8/8.5 forum.
Old 11-13-2022, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it does receive the credit.
Old 11-13-2022, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Oh that’s great , because I have seen that IRS website https://www.irs.gov/businesses/irc-3...vehicle-credit got updated with the 2023 Audi Q5 but not in the https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/electri...for-tax-credit . So little bit confused

Originally Posted by CaptainBob
it does receive the credit.
Old 11-13-2022, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello

I can help out here a bit...back in October 2022 I reached out to the FuelEconomy.gov folks and asked if the MY 2023 Q5 PHEV would be placed on the list of Electrical Vehicles Assembled in North America. Basically, they explained to me (they replied that very same day!) that it is the IRS's website that is the system of record. Their full reply appears below. I did follow their suggestions and reached out to Audi a couple of times about the status of filing the paper work. BTW, the fuel economy folks gave a nice, complete and helpful answer - I just want to call that out and recognize their assistance.
Thank you for contacting us. Let me start by clarifying that the IRS is the official source for all federal tax credit information and they are ultimately responsible for determining eligibility and administering the tax credits. We are not involved in that process and only relay information from the IRS website for the convenience of our viewers.
With that said, it is up to Audi to get their vehicles listed with the IRS as eligible so we would recommend contacting Audi to see if they can tell you where they are in that process. Once the IRS has approved the paperwork that the manufacturer has submitted, the manufacturer will receive a letter from the IRS stating the vehicle’s eligibility and the credit amount. If Audi has received such a letter, perhaps they could share that with you.
If the 2023 Audi Q5 PHEV meets the IRS requirements for battery capacity and is manufactured in North America (U.S., Canada or Mexico), we see no reason why it would not qualify assuming that Audi has submitted all the necessary paperwork to the IRS but we must defer to the IRS and manufacturer for definitive information. All we can do is recommend keeping an eye on the list of qualifying vehicles built in North America:
Aside from the federal tax credits, there may also be state or local incentives that could apply depending on where you live. The Department of Energy’s Alternative Fuels Data Center website has a listing of all state and local incentives at: https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/state . Sorry we can’t give you a more helpful answer.
Sincerely,
Fueleconomy.gov
Old 11-21-2022, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CaptainBob
Hello

I can help out here a bit...back in October 2022 I reached out to the FuelEconomy.gov folks and asked if the MY 2023 Q5 PHEV would be placed on the list of Electrical Vehicles Assembled in North America. Basically, they explained to me (they replied that very same day!) that it is the IRS's website that is the system of record. Their full reply appears below. I did follow their suggestions and reached out to Audi a couple of times about the status of filing the paper work. BTW, the fuel economy folks gave a nice, complete and helpful answer - I just want to call that out and recognize their assistance.
Thank you for contacting us. Let me start by clarifying that the IRS is the official source for all federal tax credit information and they are ultimately responsible for determining eligibility and administering the tax credits. We are not involved in that process and only relay information from the IRS website for the convenience of our viewers.
With that said, it is up to Audi to get their vehicles listed with the IRS as eligible so we would recommend contacting Audi to see if they can tell you where they are in that process. Once the IRS has approved the paperwork that the manufacturer has submitted, the manufacturer will receive a letter from the IRS stating the vehicle’s eligibility and the credit amount. If Audi has received such a letter, perhaps they could share that with you.
If the 2023 Audi Q5 PHEV meets the IRS requirements for battery capacity and is manufactured in North America (U.S., Canada or Mexico), we see no reason why it would not qualify assuming that Audi has submitted all the necessary paperwork to the IRS but we must defer to the IRS and manufacturer for definitive information. All we can do is recommend keeping an eye on the list of qualifying vehicles built in North America:
Aside from the federal tax credits, there may also be state or local incentives that could apply depending on where you live. The Department of Energy’s Alternative Fuels Data Center website has a listing of all state and local incentives at: https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/state . Sorry we can’t give you a more helpful answer.
Sincerely,
Fueleconomy.gov
my dealer says it’s still not eligible for tax credit ! It’s so confusing and I my car is at dealers and I need to take a decision !
Old 11-21-2022, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

my dealer says it’s still not eligible for tax credit ! It’s so confusing and I my car is at dealers and I need to take a decision !
I don't understand why you are looking for answers in the wrong forum
You have been warned before that this is the wrong forum Why didn't you go to the forum where you can get help and advice
Old 11-21-2022, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

[QUOTE=spijun;25765868]I don't understand why you are looking for answers in the wrong forum
You have been warned before that this is the wrong forum Why didn't you go to the forum where you can get help and advice[/QUOTE

not sure if you read any of the responses to the thread !
Old 11-21-2022, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

not sure if you read any of the responses to the thread !
First, learn how to quote, and where to write a response

This is a forum for Q5/SQ5 first generation MY2009-2017

Actually, I see that you have asked the same questions on another forum, stop spamming the forum
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...3044661/page2/

Thank you

Last edited by spijun; 11-21-2022 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-21-2022, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

People started replying so I replied as a courtesy , you better stop spamming by saying negative and irrelevant comments ! Try to learn to behave in first place !

Quick Reply: What’s with the 2023 Q5e tax credit ?