Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

And the wait begins..

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And the wait begins..

I've been lurking on these forums gathering info for 6 months now and finally took the plunge.

Ordered my Deep Sea Blue 2011 2.0T Premium Plus with Black Interiors + Navigation + B&O. Expecting to get it sometime in December.

Got it for 6% under MSRP with the Audi Supplier Program. None of the dealers in the Dallas-Ft.Worth area were willing to go any lower or throw in freebies of any kind.

I finally settled on Fort Worth Audi. I would recommend them based on what I've seen so far.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good deal, we ordered ours in August and it should be here in 4 weeks. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congratulations! The wait is the hardest part, but does make it all the more sweeter when you do take it home.

Just wondering. None of the dealers had that combination in upcoming inventory that you could've gotten it sooner? Guess the answer was no, but seems like one of them would've had that. Nav & B&O seem to be the more common options.

Last edited by gat821; 09-20-2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gat821
Just wondering. None of the dealers had that combination in upcoming inventory that you could've gotten it sooner?
I don't know if it's just Dallas, but all the dealers had a lot of black and very little of any other color. They said the Premium Plus was flying off the lot and most of them only had about a dozen Premiums. Also, there were no Deep Sea blue Premium + in transit to any dealers inventory in Texas. If there were , the dealers said they could grab it at the port and have it re-routed.

My dealer said he had a car in production for his inventory which he could try and pull out of the line and have it reconfigured if it was not too late. I'll know more this week.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I special ordered mine without a sunroof, the way i wanted it.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jeff968
I special ordered mine without a sunroof, the way i wanted it.
Has it made a big difference to not have it? I'm thinking about doing the same because I don't like the mesh covering. However, I couldn't decide between not having it at all or tinting the sunroof.

I'm not sure if it will help/hurt resale value to have a premium plus without it.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by igelje
Has it made a big difference to not have it? I'm thinking about doing the same because I don't like the mesh covering. However, I couldn't decide between not having it at all or tinting the sunroof.

I'm not sure if it will help/hurt resale value to have a premium plus without it.

Thanks.

We don't have it yet. We just don't use the sunroofs that much in our other vehicles and I have a convertible which, if you want to see the open sky, is the true way to go. Now Audi will charge you $1450 for a sunroof on a premium model. They offer sunroof delete on the other models but will give you nothing back money-wise if you choose it. We ended up ordering a premium and not ordering the $1450 sunroof. We keep our cars for years (Q5 replacing our 02 ML320 with 140K miles) so resale is not an issue.
Jeff
Old 09-20-2010, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think it's a personal preference. I couldn't imagine getting a Q5 without the Pano roof. It is almost the defining feature of the Q5.

Plus if you want anything other than the Premium, you don't get any money back by deleting the roof, so in effect you did just lose about $1500.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think if the pano roof was an option, I would not have gotten it, but if I already paid for it, why would I want to delete it?
Old 09-20-2010, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was a bit worried it would get too hot since it wasn't a solid sunshade, but really didn't seem bad even in mid-90's weather. The sunshade is closed when parked outside during workdays and a windshield shade is used too. Now parts of the country with regular summer days in the 100's might be a totally different story

I kinda like the sense of space/openess the perforated shade gives when closed.

Quick Reply: And the wait begins..