Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Valentine One (V1) install Side Assist; Slim remote interface

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valentine One (V1) install Side Assist; Slim remote interface

Hi,

Looking to install a Valentine One (V1) and know there is a Side Assist issue. Valentine says they have a resolution. Anyone deal with this yet?

Moreover, does anyone know of a person that still does the "thin" remote display. I gave Valentine hell for still making the remote display so friggin fat. It's just not right. About 5 years ago there was a guy that converted the remote display to a "thin" version. He has since moved on.

Any help would be appreciated. I feel like this is a necessary upgrade to my SQ5 as it is deceptively fast....
Old 08-28-2013, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wrcardon
Hi,

Looking to install a Valentine One (V1) and know there is a Side Assist issue. Valentine says they have a resolution. Anyone deal with this yet?

Moreover, does anyone know of a person that still does the "thin" remote display. I gave Valentine hell for still making the remote display so friggin fat. It's just not right. About 5 years ago there was a guy that converted the remote display to a "thin" version. He has since moved on.

Any help would be appreciated. I feel like this is a necessary upgrade to my SQ5 as it is deceptively fast....
After ToyGuy (Craig), LI-S4 (Mike) started making them. You could try reaching out to him - seems there's always some demand, but don't know if he's entertaining it anymore:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...php?p=13394852

Here's mine in my S4, one of the first from ToyGuy:
http://ctny.audiworld.com/mark/s4/v1remote/
Old 08-29-2013, 04:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=wrcardon;24481811]Hi,

You can reprogram the V1 POP modes--there is a programming section on the website (need to know your specific V1 serial number), and then go through the settings. Is working fine for me at this point--no falses, and comfortable with turning off the POP mode as it is very limited in use in my part of NY (AFAIK!).

link:
http://www.valentine1.com/Lab/TechReport3.asp
Old 08-29-2013, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I thought V1 offered a paper-thin version that you install into your rearview mirror.