Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

VAG-COM confusion... a VAG-COM thread for the simple minded man.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jubz
Just got a 2014 Q5 TDI Prestige/S-Line+, and now looking into the various VAG-COM mods. Like others here, been reading/researching. Thinking of picking up the cable/software myself. I've compiled the codes/mods from various sources into a single PDF for convenience. It's attached.

Feel free to let me know of any edits/revisions to this doc.
Please note: not all of the listed mods will work on a 2013 or 2014. Some modules/coding have been changed.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gtwagon941
Enable Automatic Gear selection shown in DIS
[02 – Auto Trans] [Adaptation – 10]
Select “Single Gear Display” from top channel drop down menu
Select “D on/S on” from New value drop down menu
Howdy from further up I-5.

When I tried to program this code on my '14 Q5 TDI, VCDS popped an request for a WorkShop Code and a few other things. What did you enter here? I tried using the existing values and it rejected the coding.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mariusstrom

When I tried to program this code on my '14 Q5 TDI, VCDS popped an request for a WorkShop Code and a few other things. What did you enter here? I tried using the existing values and it rejected the coding.
Hmmm, this mod worked on my 2013 Q5 2.0T. But others did not.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I've seen this somewhere but searching thru many VAG threads I couldn't find it.

I want to disable the volume decrease on the radio when you're backing up. I remember reading you can lower the speed or just turn it off.

TIA.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mariusstrom

Did you ever get this to work? On my '14 TDI, it worked fine. For the code, I just went with whatever VCDS suggested. Option 1 of the 3 listed IIRC. (I do remember thinking "Hey, nobody mentioned this for the 2014s.") I selected "D On / S Off" and works as programmed.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by skl1
I know I've seen this somewhere but searching thru many VAG threads I couldn't find it.

I want to disable the volume decrease on the radio when you're backing up. I remember reading you can lower the speed or just turn it off.

TIA.
Done through the MMI itself.
Car Systems > Driver Assist > Parking Aid > Music Volume While Parking
Old 03-31-2014, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by skl1

TIA.
Name:  ScreenShot452_zpsb294a37b.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  158.4 KB
Old 03-31-2014, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

So, what exactly IS the workshop code? My WAG was that each authorized repair center had a registered code, and when certain changes are made their shop code is registered with the change, so a future repair center can contact and discuss past changes. In the case of hobbyists, we don't have registered codes, so VCDS conveniently offers to put in 123... While I doubt that's a standard code, it tells a future technician this change was done by a hobbyist armed with VCDS. Is this correct? If so, DEFINITELY always use the 123... code. NEVER use the "previous" shop code, unless you work for them.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 584 Likes on 490 Posts
Default Workshop code...

is a unique # assigned to each Audi service location/dealer. If you get your warranty service book stamped--like the old fashioned way--it is likely part of that stamp. A five digit # IIRC. The factory also has a standard number, as does the port if they modified something like the programming for the trailer hitch in various modules. When I scan it in VAG-COM and look carefully, I can see the various different workshop codes for things the dealer has repaired or that were altered at the port, plus stuff that was never touched.

It can actually be one of the clues someone has been modding things w/ VAG COM if you know what to look for.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 584 Likes on 490 Posts

That's just an MMI setting like others replied.

Quick Reply: VAG-COM confusion... a VAG-COM thread for the simple minded man.