Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Thinking of purchasing an RSQ5 mesh front grille. Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 07:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received a similar e-mail regarding shipping date being around first week of March. Also was told that the license plate holder is not attached to the grille if anyone was wondering.

Originally Posted by andrios
Thanks for your fast paymnet,we had got your money.The grill fits without modification for 2015 SQ5.

As Chinese new year is coming soon, we will send the goods to you as soon as the express company're back to work from holidays,shipping date is around the first week of March,pls kindly be patient to wait for your cargo.

Have a great new year!

Best regards.

Got this email today from Amanda at jcsportline..
Old 02-17-2015, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've asked Amanda for pricing on the matching honeycomb fog light grills (MY 2010 for me which I don't have). I suspect she'll reply after the New Years and will post her info should anyone be interested. Maybe they can put it in the same box and save on shipping.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by olindos
I received a similar e-mail regarding shipping date being around first week of March. Also was told that the license plate holder is not attached to the grille if anyone was wondering.
in an email exchange with amanda, i was told that the license plate holder is easily attachable/removable. but then again, she also said that the grill can be installed without modification, so i take everything with a grain of salt. i personally want/need the holder to be attached.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally would love this to be removeable. They are not to hard on us in Houston over that.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Resoom
I've asked Amanda for pricing on the matching honeycomb fog light grills (MY 2010 for me which I don't have). I suspect she'll reply after the New Years and will post her info should anyone be interested. Maybe they can put it in the same box and save on shipping.
Hah, I asked Amanda the same thing for MY 2014 in hopes of having them shipped together if price is reasonable.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

in amanda's words:

"The grill comes with the US license plate holder,and it is removable,if you don't need it,you could remove it easily."
Old 02-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ABOMB
Personally would love this to be removeable. They are not to hard on us in Houston over that.
I think I read another thread over at AZ from a while back saying that if you contact them in advance and tell them not to attach the license plate holder, they would keep them separate. So I e-mailed Amanda, "If my order has not been shipped out yet, can you please make sure the license plate holder is not attached to the grille?" In her response, she copy pasted that part of my email and responded "Ok, got it."

You may wanna shoot her an e-mail and let her know too!
Old 02-17-2015, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, I sent her an email 3 days ago and have not gotten a reply. Maybe I am not special like you guys. :-(
Old 02-17-2015, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hilld
Hmm, I sent her an email 3 days ago and have not gotten a reply. Maybe I am not special like you guys. :-(
chinese new years is a big deal out there. it's like someone emailing you on xmas eve. you might not get back to them right away.

is there a question that hasn't been answered here already?
Old 02-17-2015, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No questions, just need to get an invoice so i can pay it.

Quick Reply: Thinking of purchasing an RSQ5 mesh front grille. Opinions?