Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Things You Really Like about the Q5

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuttgartrob
By the way not trying to be an a$$hole with the last comment. Just trying to give the thread starter what he wanted in the thread. There is a gripe thread that you can blow all your comments in.
Agreed with you. Stick to the OP's topic please! LOL
Old 03-04-2011, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The things I really love about my Q are:

* the body styling
* the sporty way it drives compared to other CUV/SUV type cars I've owned
* the beautifully appointed interior
* the MMI (yes, I love the MMI)
* I LOVE the looks I get when people see it
* The ride quality is great

You'll love your Q when you get it. I have not been disappointed in the car except for one thing. I think my one complaint thus far would be the driver's seat isn't the most comfortable. I'm only 5'9, but if I make the spacing correct for my legs, then the steering wheel won't extend out far enough to make my arms happy, and that, in-turn, makes my body hurt after long drives.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 354 Likes on 206 Posts

I'll give you a lesson on Turbo cars and high revving cars they usually consume oil and fuel. I'm not sure if the Q5's have oil coolers or not that would stop some of the consumption of the oil since it wouldn't get as hot and breakdown. Your driving habit with putting the car in boost will reflect your fuel consumption also.
I only said that you should sell it since I've seen a few comments from you saying the Q5 is horrible and everything else.
I really did not know that the turbo engine consumes oil. Very educational and what is the engine that has 1.8TFSI my friend in the A4 and does not consume oil. What is it that I had a 2.0TDI in A4 (2006 and 2008) that do not spend oil and I think that the turbo engines.
Of course I'll write bad things about the Q5 because I have so many problems I had with my previous 6 cars.
Fuel economy is too big for the engine and the Audi 2.0 wrote:
From Audi:
City: 10.4 Liters
Highway: 7.3 Liters
Combined: 8.5 Liters
It is impossible to obtain in reality consumption is 50-60% larger and sportier ride 100%
I would be happy to have these problems and I can say that the Q5 is a good car.
But after all the events that I experienced this was the worst car Audi
Old 03-04-2011, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
I really did not know that the turbo engine consumes oil. Very educational and what is the engine that has 1.8TFSI my friend in the A4 and does not consume oil. What is it that I had a 2.0TDI in A4 (2006 and 2008) that do not spend oil and I think that the turbo engines.
Of course I'll write bad things about the Q5 because I have so many problems I had with my previous 6 cars.
Fuel economy is too big for the engine and the Audi 2.0 wrote:
From Audi:
City: 10.4 Liters
Highway: 7.3 Liters
Combined: 8.5 Liters
It is impossible to obtain in reality consumption is 50-60% larger and sportier ride 100%
I would be happy to have these problems and I can say that the Q5 is a good car.
But after all the events that I experienced this was the worst car Audi
It would be great to read about all your gripes in the Gripe thread since I'm a new owner waiting for my Q5 to come in. I would love to see the good things about the Q5 in this thread.

Thanks have a nice Day
Old 03-04-2011, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It would be great to read about all your gripes in the Gripe thread since I'm a new owner waiting for my Q5 to come in. I would love to see the good things about the Q5 in this thread.

Thanks have a nice Day
Good luck with the new Q5.I wish you all the best with new car.

When someone say
"I'll give you a lesson on Turbo cars and high revving cars they usually consume oil and fuel."
and then to explain
When you engage in discussion to be prepared for the course and answer questions.

Compare Otto engine with Wankel engine ????? Impossible

On the consumption of oil 1.8TFSI engine or 2.0TDI nothing ?????

I wish you all the best with the car and not have problems like me
Old 03-04-2011, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Good luck with the new Q5.I wish you all the best with new car.

When someone say
"I'll give you a lesson on Turbo cars and high revving cars they usually consume oil and fuel."
and then to explain
When you engage in discussion to be prepared for the course and answer questions.

Compare Otto engine with Wankel engine ????? Impossible

On the consumption of oil 1.8TFSI engine or 2.0TDI nothing ?????

I wish you all the best with the car and not have problems like me
I've decided its just not the place to explain everything to you.

Sorry you have had bad luck,
Old 03-04-2011, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

I love the handling and the steering feel. Coming out of a 6 spd. A5, I expected some sluggishness, but have been very pleasntly suprised. We have 1300 miles on our Q5 and it has been outstanding and 100% problem free. All Audi turbo's consume some oil (this is our third). Break it in properly and it will be fine.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I've decided its just not the place to explain everything to you.

Sorry you have had bad luck,

Ok it's your choice!

Good lessons:
"I'll give you a lesson.......

For me it is perfectly clear is your understanding of the engine when comparing Otto with Wankel engine'

Good luck

End of discussion
Old 03-04-2011, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Q5 is the worst model that Audi has produced.
spijun, I clicked on this thread expecting to read about how the Q5 makes their owners happy (to parallel the "gripes" thread) and instead just saw a bunch of your negative posts...

Sorry to hear that you haven't had a great experience with your particular vehicle but I don't think you're justified in stating that the Q5 is the worst model Audi has produced...

Back on topic, we have a '10 3.2 P+ and it has been a terrific vehicle that makes us smile every time we get into the car. =)

We've got nearly 11,000 miles on it and haven't had any major issues yet. Here's a list of some of the things we like:
- driving experience
- styling and looks (quartz gray is the best!)
- LED lights
- MMI - especially the voice commands!
- pano sunroof
- ability to "customize" with VCDS mods

Now, if the Q5 came with the same supercharged 3.0 V6 that's in my S4... it'd be an even more amazing car! =)
Old 03-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I totally agreed with asm777......i have black on black audi q5 since may 2010....almost at 11000 miles marks...nothing major to complainning about beside it is a black car and few swirl marks...I just love it my q5, stylish, beautful interior, good power, Sline rocks....but it would be GREAT if Audi in the future came out a true Q5S.....i will be very tempting to get it.

Quick Reply: Things You Really Like about the Q5