Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Things You Really Like about the Q5

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things You Really Like about the Q5

I'm still waiting for delivery--3 more weeks or so. I read with interest the gripes--and they're important. What about the glass half full crowd? Come on, what does this car do for you?

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a thread on here about this topic too. Lots to love about this great automobile!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 354 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
There is a thread on here about this topic too. Lots to love about this great automobile!
Everyone has different experiences with the Q5.
My bad as well as many second Q5 owners who have problems.
I had before the two Audi A4 models (2006 and 2008) and never had a problem. With the new Q5 S-tronic 2.0TFSI I have a lot of problems.
Q5 is the worst model that Audi has produced.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spijun
Everyone has different experiences with the Q5.
My bad as well as many second Q5 owners who have problems.
I had before the two Audi A4 models (2006 and 2008) and never had a problem. With the new Q5 S-tronic 2.0TFSI I have a lot of problems.
Q5 is the worst model that Audi has produced.
It sounds like you need to sell it and move on to something else you can be happy about.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Stuttgartrob
It sounds like you need to sell it and move on to something else you can be happy about.
When you pay $ 45,000 car you do not expect that you will have problems with the fuel consumption 16lit city about oil consumption that do not speak 1l of oil every 2000 km.
Problem with system B & O (four times in the service), the problem with DRL.......
Type in the Google "2.0TFSI oil consumption" and you will see results.
If I bought a Kia or Hyundai that would not be a problem but Audi premium class.
Vorsprung durch Technik HA-HA-HA Good joke
Old 03-04-2011, 01:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Read the first 15 links about Fuel oil that goes to 1 liter every 1000 km, and then respond with expert comments
Old 03-04-2011, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

When you pay $ 45,000 car you do not expect that you will have problems with the fuel consumption 16lit city about oil consumption that do not speak 1l of oil every 2000 km.
Problem with system B & O (four times in the service), the problem with DRL.......
If I bought a Kia or Hyundai that would not be a problem but Audi premium class.
Vorsprung durch Technik HA-HA-HA Good joke
I paid 32,000 euro for my RX8 when it was brand new and they told me it would consume 1 liter every 1000-1500km.

But I really don't think this thread is about your complaints.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

I paid 32,000 euro for my RX8 when it was brand new and they told me it would consume 1 liter every 1000-1500km.

But I really don't think this thread is about your complaints.
By the way not trying to be an a$$hole with the last comment. Just trying to give the thread starter what he wanted in the thread. There is a gripe thread that you can blow all your comments in.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

By the way not trying to be an a$$hole with the last comment. Just trying to give the thread starter what he wanted in the thread. There is a gripe thread that you can blow all your comments in.
I really have no idea about cars.
In your car, the Wankel engine, which is known for Fuel Oil and boxer engines.
Mazda is the only company in the world develops Wankel engine that is normally bought from Audi, which it inherited from the company was bought by NSU.
This is to say mum and dad "By the way not trying to be an a$$hole with the last comment."
I wrote that I have a problem with the Q5,
What does your comment: "It sounds like you need to sell it and move on to something else you can be happy about."
I'll sell when I want my opinion should not "engineers" who know nothing about engines
Old 03-04-2011, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

I really have no idea about cars.
In your car, the Wankel engine, which is known for Fuel Oil and boxer engines.
Mazda is the only company in the world develops Wankel engine that is normally bought from Audi, which it inherited from the company was bought by NSU.
This is to say mum and dad "By the way not trying to be an a$$hole with the last comment."
I wrote that I have a problem with the Q5,
What does your comment: "It sounds like you need to sell it and move on to something else you can be happy about."
I'll sell when I want my opinion should not "engineers" who know nothing about engines

I'll give you a lesson on Turbo cars and high revving cars they usually consume oil and fuel. I'm not sure if the Q5's have oil coolers or not that would stop some of the consumption of the oil since it wouldn't get as hot and breakdown. Your driving habit with putting the car in boost will reflect your fuel consumption also.
I only said that you should sell it since I've seen a few comments from you saying the Q5 is horrible and everything else.

Quick Reply: Things You Really Like about the Q5