Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

For TDI Owners Experiencing Problems with Goodwill Package Signup

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For TDI Owners Experiencing Problems with Goodwill Package Signup

Audi: "Our records indicate that your 2014 AUDI Q5 TDI QUATTRO TIPTRONIC is affected by the TDI emissions issue. However, it appears that you are not eligible for the Goodwill Package."

After reading the faq, saw that my car was not on the exclusion list. Called Audi and was informed that their web site is screwed up, that I am indeed eligible, and to try the site again on Monday afternoon.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deckardk
Audi: "Our records indicate that your 2014 AUDI Q5 TDI QUATTRO TIPTRONIC is affected by the TDI emissions issue. However, it appears that you are not eligible for the Goodwill Package."

After reading the faq, saw that my car was not on the exclusion list. Called Audi and was informed that their web site is screwed up, that I am indeed eligible, and to try the site again on Monday afternoon.
So what does the goodwill package include?
Old 02-06-2016, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

^ Most TDI owners would tell you they still love their cars and wouldn't change anything about them. They just don't like the way Audi has handled it.

I still think there's a good chance that in 2-3 years the values may climb if they stop importing turbodiesels. And even if they do, the cheating cars may still be in high demand depending on how the new ones compare in fuel economy and performance.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
So what does the goodwill package include?
https://www.audiusa.com/about/diesel...ge-eligibility
Old 02-07-2016, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Deckardk

Just registered mine and got the following confirmation email:

XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for requesting the Goodwill Package and signing up to receive communications regarding the TDI emissions issue.

Your registration code is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Audi is committed to finding a remedy as soon as possible. We would like to emphasize that the EPA has noted that vehicles affected by this issue are legal and safe to drive, and we are working to develop a remedy that will meet the expectations of the government agencies.

Within approximately four weeks you should receive your Goodwill Package materials. You will need these, along with additional verification items, in order to activate the Goodwill Package at participating Audi dealerships. You must remain the owner of the vehicle at the time of activation in order to receive the benefits of the Goodwill Package.

For ongoing updates, please visit audidieselinformation.com

For immediate inquiries please contact the Audi Customer Experience Center:

1-800-822-2834
24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a week
auditalk@audi.com

Thank you,
Audi of America

Helpful information:
Goodwill Package FAQ's
Program Rules
Program Overview
Cardholder Agreements
Old 02-07-2016, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looks like they removed the 'enter vin' button from the website...
Old 02-07-2016, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Keener
The 3.0TDi being added to the site hasn't even been officially announced yet, so they're probably still working on the back end.

Give it a coupla days...
Old 02-07-2016, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audi40
Just registered mine and got the following confirmation email:

XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for requesting the Goodwill Package and signing up to receive communications regarding the TDI emissions issue.

Your registration code is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Audi is committed to finding a remedy as soon as possible. We would like to emphasize that the EPA has noted that vehicles affected by this issue are legal and safe to drive, and we are working to develop a remedy that will meet the expectations of the government agencies.

Within approximately four weeks you should receive your Goodwill Package materials. You will need these, along with additional verification items, in order to activate the Goodwill Package at participating Audi dealerships. You must remain the owner of the vehicle at the time of activation in order to receive the benefits of the Goodwill Package.

For ongoing updates, please visit audidieselinformation.com

For immediate inquiries please contact the Audi Customer Experience Center:

1-800-822-2834
24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a week
auditalk@audi.com

Thank you,
Audi of America

Helpful information:
Goodwill Package FAQ's
Program Rules
Program Overview
Cardholder Agreements
I signed up as well. Who knows how all this will shake out in the end, but we'll certainly know the CARB/EPA decision on VAG's remedy submittal in ten days or so. Thumbs up or thumbs down, I'm keeping my '14 Q5TDI until we get real-world results from the remedy when and if it comes....or until Audi buys my unit back, which is highly unlikely. Regardless, I have yet to drive any other vehicle that could persuade me to move out of it.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Don Keener
It's there...

https://www.audiusa.com/about/diesel...tion/v6-diesel
Old 02-07-2016, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audi40
Yup... It appears that I used a different link earlier that resembles that page but doesnt have the check VIN button. However, the 'good' page still says my VIN isnt effected. I sent an email to Audi yesterday after the initial attempt and they said they are working on the issue. Im sure they will eventually get it straightened up.

I also asked if the dealership card could be used at a VW dealer since its all the same company... unfortunately.. they said no. Since I have Audi Care there is not much that I would want from the dealership but I sure would like to get a subwoofer for my son's Golf. Ill have to see if the Audi dealer can order it.

Tks...

Last edited by Don Keener; 02-07-2016 at 08:50 AM.

Quick Reply: For TDI Owners Experiencing Problems with Goodwill Package Signup