Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Sports Seats in Q5

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sports Seats in Q5

Has anyone in the US successfully obtained and installed Audi OEM sports seats in their Q5?
Old 10-19-2012, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So now that the sports seats are an option - has anyone ordered and received the Q5 with the sport seats?
Old 10-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MJNHQ5
So now that the sports seats are an option - has anyone ordered and received the Q5 with the sport seats?
I do. It's one of the reasons I chose S-Line for my 2013 (and why I did not choose S-Line for my 2011). I love the seats, the support is great even though they are not my TT seats... However, I would have liked an S-Line marking like on other models.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by OmegaQ5
I do. It's one of the reasons I chose S-Line for my 2013 (and why I did not choose S-Line for my 2011). I love the seats, the support is great even though they are not my TT seats... However, I would have liked an S-Line marking like on other models.
So how do the sport seats compare to the standard seats (which seemed to have good support as it is)? I'm hoping to be able to check out the first Q5 that's coming in locally with the Sport Interior package, though it's also already sold so depending on when they've finished prep and when the delivery is scheduled, I may or may not actually get to see it before it goes to its new home.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by idale
So how do the sport seats compare to the standard seats (which seemed to have good support as it is)? I'm hoping to be able to check out the first Q5 that's coming in locally with the Sport Interior package, though it's also already sold so depending on when they've finished prep and when the delivery is scheduled, I may or may not actually get to see it before it goes to its new home.
The sport seats have bigger lateral support than the standard seats and the front part of the seat can be extended, like the S-Line seats found on other models. I would say they are as comfortable as the standard ones but looks better and are better suited for an S-Line exterior.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by OmegaQ5
The sport seats have bigger lateral support than the standard seats and the front part of the seat can be extended, like the S-Line seats found on other models. I would say they are as comfortable as the standard ones but looks better and are better suited for an S-Line exterior.
Thanks, I've of course seen the pictures and can guess about feel, but nothing replaces real first-hand info. So the base feel is pretty much the same other than some extra thigh support and a little extra support while cornering, but it's not too different from the standard seats (in a good way, of course)? Wouldn't want them to have gone too aggressive and have the bolstering getting in the way for me or my passenger. But if it's just as comfortable (or a little more depending on what you're looking for), then that's awesome.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, I've of course seen the pictures and can guess about feel, but nothing replaces real first-hand info. So the base feel is pretty much the same other than some extra thigh support and a little extra support while cornering, but it's not too different from the standard seats (in a good way, of course)? Wouldn't want them to have gone too aggressive and have the bolstering getting in the way for me or my passenger. But if it's just as comfortable (or a little more depending on what you're looking for), then that's awesome.
You've got it right, it's not too different from the standard seats, but have just enough sportiness.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered one with Sport Package.
the Q5 will arrives to dealer next week!
can't wait to pick it up
Old 10-21-2012, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

They definitely look better than the standard seats IMO. When I was ordering my 2013, I was going to get them. I thought that $500 extra for the seats and wheel was a really good deal. I changed my mind though after sitting in a car at the dealer that had them installed. The just didn't fit me too well. The front extensions were not comfortable and the side bolsters were kind of tight. I have sport seats in my M Roadster. I usually wind up taking my wallet out because the seat bolsters jam it into my bony butt. For longer trips, for me, the standard seats are much more comfortable. You should probably try them out first, they may fit you just fine. Just my $.02
Old 10-21-2012, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HZ60
I changed my mind though after sitting in a car at the dealer that had them installed. The just didn't fit me too well. The front extensions were not comfortable and the side bolsters were kind of tight.
Thanks for the alternate opinion. Still waiting on the one Q5 with sport package to come in to be able to check them out myself. My backup plan (I never like committing to anything sight unseen) is to check out an A4 or allroad with the package since those are much easier to find and I believe the seats are the same as the Q5's. But with the different entry and seat height it wouldn't be quite the same even then (but at least would be close enough to tell if they'd work for me).

Quick Reply: Sports Seats in Q5