Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Sirius/XM Presets

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius/XM Presets

I have a 2013 Q5 2.0T prem+, with full MMI. Car is about 4 months old and I love it. Have learned a lot from the "easter eggs" thread here!

Last Sunday I was driving along listening to a Sirius/XM channel when suddenly I am listening to their "preview" channel, #184, which tells you about all their channels. All the other channels are greyed and unelectable on the Sirius/XM band. All my Sirius/XM presets were gone (blank spaces). My subscription has nearly a year to run!

So, rather than talk to their customer service (which is the absolutely WORST unless you get to a supervisor) I decided to try the radio "refresh" process which I had to use once before on another vehicle. Have the radio on and tuned to channel 184, enter your radio ID into their on-line app. and in a few minutes it says "updating subscription", and everything is back.

Only problem is that none of the Sirius/XM presets came back--just blank spaces. Anyone figured out a way to get them back without re-entering all of them. It is not the end of the world if there is not a way, but a pain in the tail, nevertheless.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Is it possible the MMI got reset somehow? The presets in my 2012 have been there since I put them in the first week I had the car. They didn't work during the times I didn't have a subscription but did during the free Sirius periods as well as when I eventually renewed the subscription.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HarmsWay
Is it possible the MMI got reset somehow? The presets in my 2012 have been there since I put them in the first week I had the car. They didn't work during the times I didn't have a subscription but did during the free Sirius periods as well as when I eventually renewed the subscription.
I've had the same experience in my 2011. Sirius presets stay where they are but are grayed-out after Sirius is no longer active. Once you activate Sirius again (or there is a free weekend) the presets become un-grayed and work again.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It seems to have only effected the Sirius presets. The AM and FM presets are still there. Sirius presets are not greyed out, the spots are blank. Before I refreshed the radio, all the entries in the Sirius band regular station list were greyed out except 184. Once refreshed, they were all back to normal. It is only the Sirius presets that seem to have disappeared.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi All. This might not be the right thread, but we have a similar issue. Our problem is our Sirius Presets just disappear. The presets just have the 'blank' were they were. I have no idea why they just disappear. I was talking with the Sirius HQ in NY yesterday about some signal issues and brought the issue of the presets up and they said it was most likely a software/Hardware/equipment issue on Audi's side. She said regardless if your sirius account is active or not, they will just go 'grayed' like you have said, but should not 'disappear'.

Has anyone found a fix on keeping the sirius presets from disappearing? My wife, who is the primary driver of the Q5 said she has just given up on presetting her stations. She said they only stick around for a couple days and then disappear.

Any insight would be awesome.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

When my Sirius lapsed, all of my presets disappeared and they had to be re-entered. I'm not sure if you experienced a hardware/software issue or a lapse in service of some kind, right or not, but that's the only time I've had presets disappear.

AUDIIOS
Old 09-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This happened to me once on my 2012. I just called Sirius, they reactivated my system and the presets were back up and fine. Unfortunately, it didn't help the poor "underwater" sound that I get on many of the stations!