Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SF Bay Area: Is there a Q5 2.0T Shortage? or is Audi lying about the demand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Limited to West Coast??

FWIW, when I stopped in last month for our 5k service, I spoke briefly with our salesman (B'ham, AL). He told me that the 2.0Ts do not stay on their lot very long, whereas the 3.2s hang around for a while.

Must be the "mystique" factor kicking in.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My experience with all of the bay area dealers has been terrible.

My wife and I started looking in November after our first child was born.
First was Stevens Creek Audi, we were there looking around for almost 1 hour, and not a single person greeted us, even when we walked into the showroom. So we left.

We then went to Livermore Audi, to look at one they had, after seeing a loaner Q5 with the S-line plus package with the black trim and 20" titanium rims, my wife wanted that, so we put a deposit down that was actually shipping to LA, and get it redirected to Livermore. We were suppose to have it by Christmas. I called 2 weeks before the delivery time to get an update...Sales guy had left the dealership, and our order was somehow never placed, even though the sales manager was there the day we put a deposit down. We requested for our deposit back, and I had to fight tooth and nail to get the check that day. I don't think anybody would have followed up with us if i didn't call.

After that debacle, we went to Carlsen Audi, where we put another deposit for another vehicle that would arrive in LA in January. The sales guy said it would take a couple of days to have the car re-directed to their dealership. About 2 weeks later, we were still waiting for the transfer to finalized.
My wife said **** it, and we got our money back.

We called Audi of America, to complain, and they had us talk to the Sales Manager at Rector Audi. I talked to him over the phone since I was done driving everywhere. I spoke to him briefly, and he said he would call me over the weekend to place a new order on. He never called....

At this point, i'm just gonna wait till I see what the 2013 Q5 looks like and make my decision then.

We have had a terrible experience thus far, and even if we do still buy the Q5, I am not holding my breath for the kind of service we get when we need to do maintenance.

Sorry for the long story, just had to vent.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

about the same story down here in Mexico, I have a tremendous relationship with my local Porsche dealer and thus, I thought with next door Audi dealer, September 2010 we wanted a Q5, sales manager basically lughed in our face and showed us the door, nonetheles we were promised that they will try to find something, so it happens this dealer ordered all of their 2011 alotment without sunroof :/ and in October they showed us one, so on November and December but we wanted the damn sunroof, so in January we ordered ours loaded, July 2011 came and we get "the call" just to say our particular Q5 was delayed :/ and so we got it September 2011, basically a year later :/

Audi in Mexico uped their sales 57% so these guys don't live reality like most of us :/

photos of proposed Q5 and our Q5
Attached Images   
Old 02-09-2012, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess I am lucky, but here in DC the buying experience was a bit different. We visited 3 dealers and they all at at least one in stock (on the lot). We wanted a 3.2 with various options and got lucky with Audi of Alexandria. They had black on black with wood trim, nav, s-line, 3.2 on the lot. We swung by, test drove, went home and thought about it that night and bought it the next morning after negotiations (44, with no destination charge, roof rack, audi care, and a key chain)+taxes.

Suggest trying around DC if you are in a Hurry to get one.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess I am lucky, but here in DC the buying experience was a bit different. We visited 3 dealers and they all at at least one in stock (on the lot). We wanted a 3.2 with various options and got lucky with Audi of Alexandria. They had 2012 black on black with wood trim, nav, s-line, 3.2 on the lot. We swung by, test drove, went home and thought about it that night and bought it the next morning after negotiations (44, with no destination charge, roof rack, audi care, and a key chain)+taxes.

Suggest trying around DC if you are in a Hurry to get one.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dnt12q5
My experience with all of the bay area dealers has been terrible.

My wife and I started looking in November after our first child was born.
First was Stevens Creek Audi, we were there looking around for almost 1 hour, and not a single person greeted us, even when we walked into the showroom. So we left.
I just don’t get it, people complains when car salesman swamp them and complains when they are left alone. I would rather not talk to a salesman until I am ready. Usually, I just ask the receptionist for a salesman when I am done looking.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:36 AM
PEF
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
I just don’t get it, people complains when car salesman swamp them and complains when they are left alone. I would rather not talk to a salesman until I am ready. Usually, I just ask the receptionist for a salesman when I am done looking.
Me too.... unfortunately at Stevens Creek, neither way is effective in actually talking to a Sales person (and it's highly unlikely one will be of much help anyway).