Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Screwed by my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KarenQ5
Congratulations! How about some interior pics? I'd love to see meteor gray with cinnamon!
But Karen...he bought Quartz Gray!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
But Karen...he bought Quartz Gray!

Oh duh!! I've got meteor gray on the brain. It's all mystical and magical and gets into my mind!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What a great ending to your story. Just one question- where will you go for service? I assume you live in Fairfield County. My dealer is in New London, but also has a large shop in Hartford. Nothing but great service!

Best Wishes for a New Year- can't wait to see the photos!

Congratulations.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5ACK
What a great ending to your story. Just one question- where will you go for service? I assume you live in Fairfield County. My dealer is in New London, but also has a large shop in Hartford. Nothing but great service!

Best Wishes for a New Year- can't wait to see the photos!

Congratulations.
I'm going to give Fairfield Audi a try. A little farther than New Country but after what I went through with those monkeys I'm willing to drive another 5-10 miles.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Who did you deal with at Audi Chantilly? I live 5 miles from there and am looking for a local dealer who's proven to be good to work with.

Thanks!
Brad
Old 01-02-2011, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

A guy named Danny who just joined the dealership about a month ago. Chantilly is supposedly a model Audi dealership because it is the closest one to Audi's headquarters in Herndon, VA. They told me a lot of the Audi execs visit the dealership.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

New Country Audi in Greenwich. Didn't have a positive experience with them when I was hunting for the options/car I wanted (not that black/black is hard to find). They did have the car I wanted, but were being very unwilling to at least match what other dealers were offering over the phone unless "maybe" I come in. Found the same car elsewhere. I really hate it when dealers tell me to come in to make a deal when I tell them I live more then an hour drive away.

They must be selling enough R8s to keep them going.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting story, Sasmf. I saw you reference this in a recent thread, so found this one and read it. Crazy that you basically travelled all night on the train, bought the car, then turned around and drove it 5+ hours home.

Also amazing you were able to negotiate such a great price at Chantilly. When I called them a few weeks ago, they weren't willing to budge more than $500 off MSRP. A lot of that could be timing.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasmf
My saga is finally over and I feel really damn good about it.

As some of you have read at the beginning of this post, I was royally screwed over by my dealer in Connecticut. That dealer happens to be New Country Audi in Greenwich. All I can say is I am shocked at their lack of courtesy and professionalism. Overall the operation, based on my experience, is a textbook example of gross incompetence. The whole experience was horrible...down to the day I walked into the dealer, learned my salesman was fired (reason unknown), my Q5 was ordered with the wrong interior, both my first and last name were completely mispelled in their system and the head sales manager was completely unable or unwilling to help me out...not returning my emails or voicemails and then ultimately asking me if I wanted to buy the Q5 they ordered for me with the wrong interior because they had a long list of people waiting to buy one.

Now, herewith the good news.

I called a half dozen dealerships in the last week based on posted inventory online. Low and behold I find an audi dealership in Virginia with my car in their inventory -- Quartz Gray with Cinnamon, Nav and 19 inch wheels. The car New Country was supposed to get for me.

I was able to negotiate $3000 off plus free exhaust tips and filler plate. This Friday morning at 1 AM I hopped the train to Washington DC arrived at the dealership at 8 AM signed all the paperwork with an absolutely great bunch of people at Chantilly Audi and drove my lovely Q5 295 miles north to Connecticut (avg 28 mpg according to computer). Got home at 3:30 pm this afternoon. Pretty happy about it and no money went into the hands of the complacent-incompetence machine that is New Country Audi.

Congrats - glad you found a dealer to come through.
I got up at 3AM to fly from Denver to Scottsdale to get my RS4 (great dealers locally here but it was just a timing issue) and they picked me up in a limo and was off in the car after 11AM (issues with AZ website getting temp tags) Got home at 2AM - So I am jealous that you only had less than a 300 mile drive.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's just so funny. More than 5 months on and I am still so happy I didn't end up dealing with New Country in Greenwich. Some people in my family just think I'm nuts for what I did but I have to say when you are dropping $40,000+ on a car in cash you have to make sure you are both getting what you want and buying it from people that actually care about you.

8 months ago I was waiting in line at New County Greenwich to test drive a 2011 2.0T. Yes, there was a line just to test drive it. A couple waiting in front of me, seemingly impatient about the wait, asked a salesman about the 2010 they still had in stock and what the differences were from the 2011. The salesman simply said..."same exact car, no differences at all from the 2011....!!" I couldn't believe it. I approached the couple and simply said the man is plain wrong and explained the benefits of getting the 2.0T with the 8 speed transmission since they did not care about power and acceleration. They looked at me with a mixed reaction of gratefulness and shock that a salesman just told them there were no differences between the years whatsoever.

Bottom line is I am just so damn happy with the decision I made.

Just got the car serviced at Fairfield Audi which has a pretty impressive dedicated service facility. All went pretty smoothly although I have to say that I always get my hopes up when they wash the car and then it comes back with wheels that are half cleaned.

Sasmf

Quick Reply: Screwed by my dealer