Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Rear Entertainment System

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Parsec
I don't know what you're doing with a Q5 with no kids man. If I didn't have kids I would be in a TTS! Or even a Carrera since I wouldn't have to pay $1000/mo per kid for preschool.

And to stay on topic: I love those iPad mounts. Not cheap looking like the other ones I've seen.
Man I wish daycare / preschool here was only $1k per month!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by georgehf
Man I wish daycare / preschool here was only $1k per month!
Actually the Boston area has the highest daycare costs in the nation according to every major study. We just use a non-profit (church-affiliated) center that's cheaper than the for-profit centers. The Bright Horizons down the street is $2600/mo for infant care, which means the mom (or dad) needs to be making at least $124k/year before taxes to break even if they send 2 kids there! That's why there's so many stay at home moms I guess.

Last edited by Parsec; 01-23-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what you're doing with a Q5 with no kids man. If I didn't have kids I would be in a TTS! Or even a Carrera since I wouldn't have to pay $1000/mo per kid for preschool.

And to stay on topic: I love those iPad mounts. Not cheap looking like the other ones I've seen.
lol, im 27 with no kids im riding in a Q5. when that kid pops out you wont be able to buy a Q5. so i prefer buying the Q5 first to loosen the payments up. But now im currently owning/paying for the Q5 and Infiniti EX35 lol.

the 2013 Q5 has a rear entertainment. if you would like to purchase.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Actually the Boston area has the highest daycare costs in the nation according to every major study. We just use a non-profit (church-affiliated) center that's cheaper than the for-profit centers. The Bright Horizons down the street is $2600/mo for infant care, which means the mom (or dad) needs to be making at least $124k/year before taxes to break even if they send 2 kids there! That's why there's so many stay at home moms I guess.
you got that right!!! its extremely expensive here
Old 01-23-2013, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chicago is right up there with Boston. It's crazy what it costs - until you figure out what you're paying per hour, then it doesn't sound like enough
Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
lol, im 27 with no kids im riding in a Q5. when that kid pops out you wont be able to buy a Q5. so i prefer buying the Q5 first to loosen the payments up. But now im currently owning/paying for the Q5 and Infiniti EX35 lol.

the 2013 Q5 has a rear entertainment. if you would like to purchase.
Ouch, that's gonna be a Honda CR-V and Ford Escape when you have kids then lol. Well hopefully you'll be making more in your 30s and keep upgrading your cars.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I suspect the Q5 rear seat entertainment system will be much like the A4 rear seat entertainment system, pictured here...
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ouch, that's gonna be a Honda CR-V and Ford Escape when you have kids then lol. Well hopefully you'll be making more in your 30s and keep upgrading your cars.
haha! nah gonna be keeping the EX35 and Q5 since both is AWD. maybe S7 when i retire lol.

sorry OP for thread jacking lol
Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
I suspect the Q5 rear seat entertainment system will be much like the A4 rear seat entertainment system, pictured here...
http://audi.bernardiparts.com/produc...0-051-700.aspx

looks like the same.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
That's the old version, with removable DVD units, which we never got here in NA. This is what the Q7's got (which should be the same for the Q5):

From the UK configurator (which may or may not be fully updated and correct for the current version):

Rear Seat Entertainment offers maximum entertainment for the passengers on the rear seats.

Includes two detachable DVD players/monitors fitted to the back of the front seats (supplied by Audi Genuine Accessories). The backs of the front seats are fitted with mountings and power connections. The system can be used outside the car with a rechargeable battery or mains power connection, which is included in the package. Includes individual remote controls and two sets of headphones

Your benefits

Option of different screen content offers passengers in the rear the opportunity to select entertainment according to their personal preference

Fully integrated, provides an extended range of entertainment for passengers in the rear
They reference still being removable, which would be nice if it's indeed the case. But as usual the websites/configurators aren't really the best sources of accurate info, so who knows.

Last edited by idale; 01-23-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Rear Entertainment System