Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Real-life 0-60 times?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real-life 0-60 times?

Out of interest, can anyone here let me know of real-life 0-60 times they have gotten out of their 2.0T Q5? I'd like to know how it compares to Audi's published numbers.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check internet and other reviewers for their #'s
Old 10-15-2011, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
check internet and other reviewers for their #'s
Gee, thanks Coolie. I've actually heard of this Internet thing of which you speak.
Did I break some unwritten forum law here?

I wasn't asking for reports from Audi or numbers published by professional drivers in ideal conditions in test vehicles. I was wondering about normals and what their real times might be. Is the published 7.1 anywhere close to what you get? I recently upgraded with the Stasis ECM flash and, having stupidly not established a benchmark with my Q prior to the upgrade, was wondering how it compares.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by cprg2011
Gee, thanks Coolie. I've actually heard of this Internet thing of which you speak.
Did I break some unwritten forum law here?

I wasn't asking for reports from Audi or numbers published by professional drivers in ideal conditions in test vehicles. I was wondering about normals and what their real times might be. Is the published 7.1 anywhere close to what you get? I recently upgraded with the Stasis ECM flash and, having stupidly not established a benchmark with my Q prior to the upgrade, was wondering how it compares.
2.0T guys are very sensitive.

Last I checked the Q5 is not a sports car so most people who buy them aren't ringing it out from 0-60 from every stop light. Therefore its not common for someone to say hey let me try to somewhat accurately check my 0-60 with a less precise method. It's not like the people here have a vbox and say let me put my machine through rigorous and wasteful tests to see how it performs.

It's ok cause im willing to bet my 3.2 will beat a tuned 2.0T so therefore I understand your sensitivity of justifying an inferior product. (insert troll face here)

It's like on the BMW forum e90 post. the 328's vs the 335's. of course on those forums since it is more of a sports car people do test on their own because it does go to the drag strip and such.

Good luck getting your numbers.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeeze !

I too opened this thread just to see how it rates against the 'advertised' numbers, but no, we have to have a smart *** comment from on high !

of course it's not a racer and you demeaned the OP for asking a simple question about it and THEN you went on to say "mine's bigger than your's" !?!
Old 10-15-2011, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just ignore him. He's pissed he has to self-proclaim his cool"ie"ness and ask to borrow his parents' Q5. The fast and the furious image in his signature is perfect.

Back to regularly scheduled programming, I doubt anyone has clocked 0-60 times on this compact crossover but you never know. I'd bet the rated 7 seconds is pretty close to accurate. With a flash, I know of some B7 owners bringing their A4 times from 7seconds to 6. Impressive and efficient powertrain and it stands to reason its popularity in many countries.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by whyjay91
Just ignore him. He's pissed he has to self-proclaim his cool"ie"ness and ask to borrow his parents' Q5. The fast and the furious image in his signature is perfect.

Back to regularly scheduled programming, I doubt anyone has clocked 0-60 times on this compact crossover but you never know. I'd bet the rated 7 seconds is pretty close to accurate. With a flash, I know of some B7 owners bringing their A4 times from 7seconds to 6. Impressive and efficient powertrain and it stands to reason its popularity in many countries.
i see google has done well for you!

i'm pissed cause im sick and stuck at home =(

as per the username, it has to do with my ethnic background

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=coolie

which judging from your name, Jeffrey, you are of english background so you should know since it was your British Empire that brought me to the beautiful country I call my home.

anyways, thank you for repeating what i said about the Q5 as a crossover.

Have a goodnight
Old 10-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's unlikely anyone on this forum has access to the right equipment for accurate testing. The speedometer probably isn't good enough for this kind of measurement, even if you use video and count frames to get a time.

The acceleration in both models is adequate for this kind of car.

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
It's ok cause im willing to bet my 3.2 will beat a tuned 2.0T so therefore I understand your sensitivity of justifying an inferior product.
Extremely, extremely unlikely. Why would you think this? All published times for the 3.2 and 2.0T are within a few tenths of a second of each other.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Well,
We all know that Audi's published 0-60 time for the Q5 2.0t is 7.1 seconds. For what its worth, I have read a road test article in which the Q acheived a 6.8 time with traction control off and launching from a 3,000 rpm brake rev. I, for one, cannot verify this as my Q has not arrived yet. I am sure that a tuned and properly modified ( i.e. free flowing exhaust, better air intake, adjustable wastegate, software, etc) could easily produce 0-60 times in the low 6's. "Speed is just a matter of money...How much money do YOU want to spend?"
Old 10-16-2011, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by johncaravello
I am sure that a tuned and properly modified ( i.e. free flowing exhaust, better air intake, adjustable wastegate, software, etc) could easily produce 0-60 times in the low 6's. "Speed is just a matter of money...How much money do YOU want to spend?"
Keep in mind that I would never do this kind of stuff to a finely engineered german automobile....That is what they make Japanese cars for.

Quick Reply: Real-life 0-60 times?