Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Questions regarding the S-line exterior

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions regarding the S-line exterior

Hi forum, first post here. I ordered my 2011 Q5 couple of weeks ago and there was a few questions regarding the exterior addons which i forgot to ask the salesman and hope I can get some answers here from the forum

1. Why do some S-line Q5s on the street come with the "S" on the rear of their vehicle while some don't?

2. After reviewing the pictures I took on the day I found that some Q5s do not have the shark fin on the top of the vehicle. Do I have to pay extras to get it installed on mine?

Thank you all in advance. Oh yeah and btw, I live in Australia.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by jozhn
Hi forum, first post here. I ordered my 2011 Q5 couple of weeks ago and there was a few questions regarding the exterior addons which i forgot to ask the salesman and hope I can get some answers here from the forum

1. Why do some S-line Q5s on the street come with the "S" on the rear of their vehicle while some don't?

2. After reviewing the pictures I took on the day I found that some Q5s do not have the shark fin on the top of the vehicle. Do I have to pay extras to get it installed on mine?

Thank you all in advance. Oh yeah and btw, I live in Australia.
1.Depends on the market as a car owner's wishes and whether or not a label
2.I understand there is an antenna for the radio, GSM ... and I have not even seen the Q5 without it
Old 09-07-2011, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jozhn
WELCOME!

an S6 or an S8 is a modified (more hp) engine than the Q5 s-line ... for the Q the S-line is a 'looks' package (wheels, side sills, badging on the fenders, front grill, side skirt color match, interior silver vs wood-look, black headliner, and maybe something else) but NOT an 's' engine
you can also purchase s-line items off after-market vendors like through ebay to personalize your Q ... I purchased a rear lift-gate sill that had the s-line logo on it for mine.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 AM
HPH
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by loscoz
WELCOME!

an S6 or an S8 is a modified (more hp) engine than the Q5 s-line ... for the Q the S-line is a 'looks' package (wheels, side sills, badging on the fenders, front grill, side skirt color match, interior silver vs wood-look, black headliner, and maybe something else) but NOT an 's' engine
you can also purchase s-line items off after-market vendors like through ebay to personalize your Q ... I purchased a rear lift-gate sill that had the s-line logo on it for mine.
And wouldn't it be nice if there were a real S version of the Q, with, say, 400HP? I wouldn't still be sitting on the fence. ;^) HPH
Old 09-07-2011, 06:12 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HPH
And wouldn't it be nice if there were a real S version of the Q, with, say, 400HP? I wouldn't still be sitting on the fence. ;^) HPH
OR a 3L TDI in US & Canada . . . hint, hint
Old 09-07-2011, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome as well !

The wife liked the looks of the Q as did I, so we got one...

but would LOVE the idea of a Turbo Diesel given the stock torque grunt of my other deezles and the tune-ability for GREAT gains with just a little tweaking

Could be a 2 Q family !!!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HPH
Unofficially it was said to be the version Q5 with the engine 3.0TFSI from 245KW (333HP) to 300 kW (408 hp)
http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/exp...tainer=tabAjax

Last edited by spijun; 09-07-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As you are in Oz the S is for S-Line which is the sport version both interior and exterior. The US and Canada version has different and limited options available compared to you.
You would get slightly different body skirts and bumpers including trim around the lights. You would get teh sports steering wheel with paddles as an option and sports seats. I think you can even order manual shift if you want. You would get a greater selection of rims though that may be package oriented.
The sharkfin antenna will come with whatever package you get for nav and DAB radio.
You will get a 2012 model at this stage not a 2011. Thats the American system describing the model year version available for 2012 even though we are still in 2011. It doesnt mean you wont get it until 2012. The production of 2011 model has finished.
What engine did you vote for as you have the option of 2.0 and 3.0 TFSI (petrol to you and me) or 2.0 and 3.0 TDI (need I say diesel?).
Good luck and keep us posted.
Go for the 3.0 TDI Its a beast and pulls like a train
Old 09-08-2011, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
As you are in Oz the S is for S-Line which is the sport version both interior and exterior. The US and Canada version has different and limited options available compared to you.
You would get slightly different body skirts and bumpers including trim around the lights. You would get teh sports steering wheel with paddles as an option and sports seats. I think you can even order manual shift if you want. You would get a greater selection of rims though that may be package oriented.
The sharkfin antenna will come with whatever package you get for nav and DAB radio.
You will get a 2012 model at this stage not a 2011. Thats the American system describing the model year version available for 2012 even though we are still in 2011. It doesnt mean you wont get it until 2012. The production of 2011 model has finished.
What engine did you vote for as you have the option of 2.0 and 3.0 TFSI (petrol to you and me) or 2.0 and 3.0 TDI (need I say diesel?).
Good luck and keep us posted.
Go for the 3.0 TDI Its a beast and pulls like a train
Packages S-line in Europe separately: the interior and exterior or complete together.
In Europe model year car changed from end of August.
Engine 3.0TFSI is not yet installed in Q5.
Believe it or not some time in the pages of Audi Germany does not have to offer models with Q5 2.0TFSI S-tronic transmission (two months)
I do not know if it has ceased production of this combination is only for Germany or for the rest of the world

Last edited by spijun; 09-08-2011 at 06:52 AM.