Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 TDI Emissions Fix experiences

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 01:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And meanwhile, as some TDI owners are here reporting disappointing issues with their "post-fix" cars my unmolested 3.0 liter TDI, trouble free for 36,000 miles, performs as well as the day I bought it. It delivers 33.2 mpg in mixed driving and has never had a hiccup.

Not coincidentally I, I received a letter last week from the contract temps in the VWAG emissions office warning me the letter was my second warning that the offer of free money would expire later this year if I don't register my car for the modification.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 887 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by HBarlow
And meanwhile, as some TDI owners are here reporting disappointing issues with their "post-fix" cars my unmolested 3.0 liter TDI, trouble free for 36,000 miles, performs as well as the day I bought it. It delivers 33.2 mpg in mixed driving and has never had a hiccup.

Not coincidentally I, I received a letter last week from the contract temps in the VWAG emissions office warning me the letter was my second warning that the offer of free money would expire later this year if I don't register my car for the modification.
i am in the same boat with my unmolested A6. I have 86k miles and it is still completely trouble free.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think there are many of us who sat back and watched as others rushed to the front of the line to sell the performance, fuel economy, and reliability of their unique well engineered German diesel powered cars for a few dollars. Allowing my car to be modified in ways I instinctively knew would have a negative impact for a handout simply didn't make sense to me but each to his own.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HBarlow
I think there are many of us who sat back and watched as others rushed to the front of the line to sell the performance, fuel economy, and reliability of their unique well engineered German diesel powered cars for a few dollars. Allowing my car to be modified in ways I instinctively knew would have a negative impact for a handout simply didn't make sense to me but each to his own.
very well put. When April of 2020 rolls around, and I have approx 110k miles on the car, I will have to decide if I am going to take the handout and then sell the car.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

While I can understand the reluctance of some to have the fix done, under the heading of aversion to change and/or suspicion of change, the idea that the vast majority of us who have participated in the settlement are judases who sold out the sacred Audi performance for thirty pieces of silver is, frankly, ridiculous. It makes three errors: first, implying that the performance of the vehicle as shipped from the factory is a benchmark, when in fact it was an illegal cheat. Second, that the idea of compensation/compromise in one area can never justify compromise in another area (look at our political situation and see that attitude running wild). Finally, and most importantly in my view, that a purchaser of a car later shown to be illegally polluting has no obligation of conscience in weighing whether to participate in a remediation to that original problem. This is NOT the same as saying we all SHOULD take the fix, just that what is right— for not just me — is part of assessing what to do. The settlement was very clear in giving each owner the right of exercise of conscience in deciding whether to participate. Therefore the question of how acceptable the fix is, becomes crucial to the exercise of conscience in the way I am describing. In conclusion, those of us who took the fix are far from judases...we are folks who in many cases have tried to do the right thing in a wrong situation that we were not to blame for.

Last edited by Mythdoc; 01-14-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mythdoc
While I can understand the reluctance of some to have the fix done, under the heading of aversion to change and/or suspicion of change, the idea that the vast majority of us who have participated in the settlement are judases who sold out the sacred Audi performance for thirty pieces of silver is, frankly, ridiculous. It makes three errors: first, implying that the performance of the vehicle as shipped from the factory is a benchmark, when in fact it was an illegal cheat. Second, that the idea of compensation/compromise in one area can never justify compromise in another area (look at our political situation and see that attitude running wild). Finally, and most importantly in my view, that a purchaser of a car later shown to be illegally polluting has no obligation of conscience in weighing whether to participate in a remediation to that original problem. This is NOT the same as saying we all SHOULD take the fix, just that what is right— for not just me — is part of assessing what to do. The settlement was very clear in giving each owner the right of exercise of conscience in deciding whether to participate. Therefore the question of how acceptable the fix is, becomes crucial to the exercise of conscience in the way I am describing. In conclusion, those of us who took the fix are far from judases...we are folks who in many cases have tried to do the right thing in a wrong situation that we were not to blame for.
Does anyone know what his point was?
Old 01-14-2019, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Q5 TDI conundrum

[QUOTE=HBarlow;25261674]Does anyone know what his point was?[/QUOT

Don't get him mad he'll point out that this thread is for those who had the fix not for the sheep that did not go off the cliff following the other sheep. Glad I did not go off the cliff. Also 2 amendment apply's to all speech.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary

very well put. When April of 2020 rolls around, and I have approx 110k miles on the car, I will have to decide if I am going to take the handout and then sell the car.
exactly what My plans are. I'm at 100k now 2014
Old 01-15-2019, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by djgainsbond
exactly what My plans are. I'm at 100k now 2014
Have you had any engine issues yet? So far mine has been trouble free.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2015 Q5 TDI conundrum

very interesting just saying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Today, 01:48 PM
TageSirnes
AudiWorld Newcomer

Audi A6 3.0 2016 DPF FailureHello,

I just bought myself a Audi A6 3.0 TDI 2016 272bhp driven 57.000km.
I started it today, only one day after i got it, and now the Particular filture warning light came on. I Think this is way to early. Its just had the 60.000km service done by Audi.
There is no warrenty on the car...
What do you guys think about this? Any other had any problems with DPF on this low milage?

Tage

Quote Multi Quote Quick Reply saying

Quick Reply: Q5 TDI Emissions Fix experiences